BetaONE will rise again!

Old 15th Aug 04, 04:41 PM
Retired Crew

Alpine is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Alpine Send a message via AIM to Alpine
DID INTEL SELL more then one million PCIe based 925 and 915 motherboards, I mean chipsets or should I say one million 775 CPUs. If it did that this platform might get adopted faster then I would expect it.
ATI is insisting that its cards are "native" unlike some others and from those native ones they shipped one million of pieces.

ATI said that it is currently shipping PCIe cards to OEMs and system integrator customers worldwide. We know that some of those cards are in retail as you can already buy X600 and variation and X300 and variations as retail versions. ATI also has PCIe X800 for gamers, FireGL V3100, FireGL V3200, FireGL V5100 and FireGL V7100 for professional customers but we are not sure is any of them are actually available.

ATI is doing pretty fine and in this quarter it won major deals where most of PCIe wins have ATI cards inside. Nvidia has got a few but only a few. This sure reflects to ATI's revenues as it claims it has already shipped over one million pieces.

Q4 will be a hard quaret as Nvidia will have NV43, Geforce 6600 and NV44 its entry level card for $99 or less $79 I guess in PCI-E version to compete against ATI's RV380 - X600, RV370 ATI's PCI-E for 75 to $99 and later higher performance mainstream RV410. To remind you X600 and X300 and its subsets are available now in Q3 while RV410 eight pipelines modified X600 with faster memory will be available in Q4. X600 have four pipelines.

PCIe is one nasty fight and ATI definitely got its sales boost with Intel's kind offer to bundle its cards with Chipzilla's motherboards. Let's see who will win in Q4 and Q1 2005.

Source:

The INQ!