BetaONE will rise again!

Old 3rd Jun 03, 11:09 AM

agxman

Ensuring the interoperability of both companies? products, Microsoft and CA have formed a strong partnership to address Windows 2003, Microsoft?s new generation of Operating System, and web services technology. Microsoft Windows Server 2003 is another major step in the ongoing evolution of enterprise computing, allowing organizations to accomplish even more with their information and infrastructure resources.
In commemoration of this important alliance, CA is offering a free download of its eTrust Antivirus v7 software to all Microsoft Windows Server 2003 users for a limited time.
Get enterprise class-protection and download

Code:
http://www3.ca.com/Solutions/Collateral.asp?CID=41370 d/l http://etrustantivirus-east.ca.com/v7/eav7promo.exe
your free copy of eTrust Antivirus today.
Don't wait, because this offer is only available until May 31, 2003
@@still works,d/l today and works fine..
Old 4th Jun 03, 09:18 AM
Administrator

robinwilson16 will become famous soon enoughrobinwilson16 will become famous soon enough
Thanks, how does it compare to norton antivirus for Windows Server
Old 4th Jun 03, 12:47 PM

agxman
I was using Norton applications for quite sometime while i had many problems and then i passed to Mcafee when i decided that Mr Norton was too oppressive for my tastes.Unfortunatelly Mcafee isnt still compatible with 2003 so i was looking for something else exept Norton.What i m trying to say is this.Norton goes very deep in the system writing values everywhere that is so dificult to remove it,and stays for ever.I would like to have the feeling that i control the system and not Mr Norton.I think in creatures mind was to create an OS than to create a simple antivirus protection.Same is with the NortonSystems works.I know that many people have many complaints that Norton applications ruined their systems as happens with me once following the default guides.Also i had many problems to jump from one version to another and i couldnt find the why, and also i had to update my system with 3 mb d/l every 2 days etc...AS for the e-Trust till now after 3 days i cant have a fair opinion but for now this... Easy installation,2 scaning machines,2 levels of security,runing slightly in the background ,easy update...part of the OS and NOT the Os and i have the feeling that if i want to remove it from the system will leave no signs of it.I dont want to say is the perfect ...i dont know yet,is early for conclusions but one thing is for sure.I d rather not to have any antivirus protection than to have Norton again in my PC,especially in this Os that gives u the freedom to built the system with your way.
But from the other side maybe is only me with these impressions and apologize to Mr Norton.
Old 6th Jun 03, 04:07 AM

nnuxx
let me tell you my friends
i use eTrust AV almost for 4 years now, from the earliest Inoculan4.0 versions, and NEVER had a single problem with virus on any machine
i just simply love it
it doesn't eat up all the RAM available on yr PC's, updates can be defined to a specific scheduled time - and they release new definitions almost every day (not like weekly updates from MCfee ) and the engine is excelent i once installed a trial version of Kerio mail server (witch supports eTrust as the mail store scanner and i couldnt select it properly cause the antivirus would catch the test virus before the mail server could say "boo" LOL ...
i had to "snooze" the realtime monitor, so kerio could send the test virus to mail store and then use the antivirus engine
now...that's good enough for me... :P