BetaONE will rise again!

Old 20th Apr 03, 05:34 PM

KingCobra is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to KingCobra
I signed up for the Ambert Alerts to be sent to me everytime they are sent. I just today received this email:

Quote:
From: "Bryant Harper - CodeAmber" <codeamber@topica.email-publisher.com>
Subject: Amber Alert --- Urgent -- Amber Alert
Date: Sun, 20 Apr 2003 08:08:36 -0700

**** ALERT FOLLOWS ************************

Amber Alert Issued Sunday, April 20.
Hadley Bilger

13, 5' 4", 150 lbs., white female with brown hair and blue eyes,
abducted from her home in Pocono Lake PA by Robert Hixson a white male 6'2",
240 lbs with brown hair and eyes after he shot and killed her parents
in northeast Pennsylvania. Hadley was last seen wearing pajamas with teddy bears on them.

A statewide Amber Alert for Hadley was issued following the shooting, which happened around 9 p.m. Saturday in her family's home. Hadley's 5-year-old sister was at home at the time and ran to the house of a relative, who alerted authorities, police said.

Police issued an arrest warrant for Robert Lee Hixson, 42, of Danville. They said he could have two weapons with him, including a shotgun allegedly used in the slayings, according to Detective Michael Robson of the Pocono Mountain Regional Police Department.

Police were concentrating their search on New Jersey, New York and
other Northeast states. "We're in fear for this girl right now. We don't know what's going through this man's mind. He just killed relatives," Robson said.

Hixson was last seen driving a red 1993 Chevy S10 pickup truck with a red cap and black molding strip, with PA plates YHP-6034.

Anyone with information please call Pocono Lake PD at (570) 895-2400. Pocono Lake is about 80 miles north of Philadelphia.

More information is available at
http://codeamber.c.tclk.net/maaa0WKaaXvbnbdsUt8b/
CodeAmber.org is the Web's Amber Alert System

**** END OF ALERT **********************************

Please forward this email to everyone you know in the area.

Thank you.
Codeamber.org - The Web'a Amber Alert System
Then I went to Yahoo News and seen this:

Quote:
Teenage Girl Freed After Parents Killed
4 minutes ago *Add U.S. National - AP to My Yahoo!

POCONO LAKE, Pa. - A 13-year-old girl who was abducted after a man broke into her family's home and killed her parents was released unharmed after a police chase Sunday morning, authorities said.

The FBI (news - web sites) was trying to negotiate the surrender of suspect Robert Lee Hixson, 42, believed to be the girl's uncle, FBI spokeswoman Linda Vizi said. He was still in his vehicle, surrounded by officers near Reading, Sunday morning.

"At some point, Hixson stopped the car and let her out. She is with the police," Vizi said.

Hixson allegedly shot and killed his wife's brother, Myron Bilger, and Bilger's wife, Ellen, after breaking into the family's Pocono Lake home at about 9:20 p.m. Saturday, according to police and the FBI.

The couple's 5-year-old daughter was also home at the time and ran to the house of a relative, who alerted authorities, police said. A statewide Amber Alert was issued for her older sister, Hadley.

The girls' father identified Hixson as the shooter before he died, said Pocono Mountain Regional Police Detective Harry Lewis.

Police declined to comment on a possible motive, but said they did not think an argument immediately preceded the shooting.

"There was no communication, from what I understand. He broke in," said Detective Michael Robson. He said Hixson was believed to still have the shotgun allegedly used in the slayings with him.

Pocono Lake is about 80 miles north of Philadelphia
I'm glad to see things working this fast, although it never said if the Amber Alert system has anything to do with the end result.
Old 20th Apr 03, 07:48 PM

BigDadday
Send a message via ICQ to BigDadday Send a message via MSN to BigDadday
Nice now to come up with some sort of system for husbands who "are accused" of killing his wife who just happens to be pregnant with his first born son. Peterson the name is and boy do I feel sorry for her family and hope that he gets in a cell with someone who dislikes him immensley.BD
Old 25th Apr 03, 12:12 AM

KingCobra is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to KingCobra
Sorry I'm slow posting this link if any wanted it:

http://codeamber.org/
Old 25th Apr 03, 01:41 AM

BigDadday
Send a message via ICQ to BigDadday Send a message via MSN to BigDadday
Now I see why the name is KC that was slooooowwwww!