BetaONE will rise again!

Old 6th Nov 01, 11:33 AM
AresCaps

Does anyone use WinXP + Adobe Type Manager + Postcript fonts? Everything works fine in font smoothing with original XP drivers for NVidia (I own an Asus 7100), but I've tried many versions of detonators, and now I've tried the last final Asus drivers (21.81a, available at Asus website).
After installing new drivers, everytime I start Word, for instance, using a postcript font, font smoothing doesn't work correctly.
Anyone has this problem, or know a workaround?
Old 6th Nov 01, 05:37 PM

HamsterX
Send a message via MSN to HamsterX
Did you see the display control panel to check if font smoothing is enabled ? Maybe the drivers have reset the settings...

Anyway, I'm going to d/l the drivers and check it myself...
Old 6th Nov 01, 07:10 PM
AresCaps

Yes, font smoothing is enabled. I've noticed however that if I set the font as unactive (using Adobe Type Manager) the problem disappears... but it doesn't solve the problem, of course, because the font must be active. Reading ATM FAQ's, it seems font smoothing with PostScript fonts is not so simple, but I'd like to find out a workaround.
Old 6th Nov 01, 08:45 PM

HamsterX
Send a message via MSN to HamsterX
Most probably Windows font smoothing works with TrueType (Windows) fonts only... not Adobe ATM ones. ATM is an Adobe's proprietary format... I think they wouldn't like to have Windows "blurring" their fonts

Well I may be wrong...
Old 7th Nov 01, 04:21 AM
AresCaps

But font smoothing works perfectly with NVidia original Windows XP drivers. It's only when I install one of the newer Detonators, or even Asus drivers, that font smoothing doesn't work.