BetaONE will rise again!

Old 30th Oct 05, 12:40 AM
BetaONE Supporter

rikytik is an unknown quantity at this point
Just for the heck of it
I admire King Cobra for his youth and devotion to his young and beautiful family. I was feeling sorry for myself this evening but took heart, looking at his web site.

Anyway, some of you may remember that I sold my Toronto house in Feb and took my bride of 43 years back to France to be closer to my only two grand children who live in Sicily. Josiane is French and I worked for a French company for 20 years, even tho I am a son of California--Swartzenegger-Land--but, "I won't be back"!

Jo has dementia and it was too late to do this. I had to "reboot" and come back to Toronto in April. Notwithstanding being born in France, living in Italy, NY, LA, Tokyo and Paris, she still considers Canada "HOME". I love this place and consider that the tendency to social interests (as opposed to US right wing style republican interests) is a good thing.

I support the unions, c.a.d. les syndicats.
Old 30th Oct 05, 02:43 AM

KingCobra is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to KingCobra
I'm very blessed in many areas of my life, not just recently. I give credit to the Lord who has directed/placed me around other people that continue to be a positive part of my life. Thank you for your very kind words and I'm happy to be considered part of your iFamily.

I've learned that don't 2nd guess yourself, most often your "GUT FEELING" is the Lord speaking to you. If you don't believe in GOD, just go with your "GUT FEELING"
Old 30th Oct 05, 10:17 PM

Dudelive is an unknown quantity at this point
Listen to KC rikytik, there has and always will be hard times, trouble and other things that get us down. It is when we are down that we are the weakest. Just look around and there will always be someone you need to lift you up. It is up to you to want to be lifted up first though.

God bless and keep you and yours. Always go with the "gut feeling" KC mentioned, I know it very well and sometimes I try not to listen and that is when my problems start.

Thanks
Dudelive
Old 31st Oct 05, 11:30 PM
BetaONE Supporter

Thanks for the words of encouragement KC and Dudelive. After 43 years of a wonderful marriage it's a disappoiintment to see one's sweetheart take a nose dive like this.

Your words are not lost on me.
Old 6th Nov 05, 09:45 PM

unicorn is on a distinguished road
Rikytik: I remember those days back in February, from when you mentioned that you were leaving Canada til' you suddenly reported you were back again due to everything that didn't work out as planned. I have moved with my family and settled down at a new and unknown place. That was (in the small scale) a drama. I can imagine it is a burden when it doesn't work out.
Then the alzheimer/dementia thing. I just don't have words for this. We all know this happens, like it happens that plane crasches, a car can crash into a train or something. But man, we aren't used to it to happen to us.
For what it counts; You have my sympathy and my thoughts have been with you for a day when I have tried to figure what your situation is like.
Some day, should you ever visit Sweden for some reason, please mail me before leaving so we can plan for a meeting.

the best,

/unicorn
Old 7th Nov 05, 02:57 PM
BetaONE Supporter

@unicorn: Yes, it just happens and I am learning to handle things pretty well, and becoming a pretty good cook and housekeeper along the way!

The worst is that my sweetheart of 43 years no longer is able to express desires, thoughts, or enjoy her grand kids and old friends, etc. A very active vital artistic woman all her life, she has some memory recall, but is unable to do the things she enjoyed all her life. Yet she is sweet and even tempered. I have respite care 3 days a week that gives me a total of about 10 hours a week to go smell the roses, or just goof off.

I need to make plans to get 24/7 care in 2006 for limited periods so I can get away and visit my kids in Italy, friends centered mostly in France, my sister in the USA, but why not a trip to Sweden, too? I've only been to Sweden once in my life, as a side trip on the way back from Russia, strickly as a tourist.

Nice to have friends to share burdens with. Thanks, unicorn.

regards, rikytik
Old 11th Nov 05, 01:39 PM

Highs & lows, post them all.

If there is anyway my family and I can help your family out other than pray & iSupport, please feel free to PM/ask rikytik.

Last edited by KingCobra : 11th Nov 05 at 01:43 PM.
Old 12th Nov 05, 11:39 PM
BetaONE Supporter

@KC. Nice of you to offer. I've found over the past year that it is friends who have pulled me through this awful period of stress. I've got some respite care now and life is less grim.

I've also learned that one must keep a sense of humor, above all. Thursday I had my annual cardio checkup. I took Josiane along and she was settled in the waiting room where there was a TV. I figured she'd stay there, so said nothing to the secretary. It was 08:45 and I figured I'd be out in 20 mintues. Took longer. During my "summary" chat with my cariologist, I told him I'm still the 24/7 caregiver for my wife: He looked me straight in the eye and said: get 24/7 live-in help, put her in a long term care facility, or you'll DIE soon! I took no offense, because he is not the first person to tell me that.

We finished up our meeting and I started out of his office only to confront a "situation". The whole office staff had mobilized to chase out an intruder who was trying to get into a locked supply closet within the inner sanctum of the doctor's office. The intruder was not responding to voice commands from the staff. They were totally challenged and didn't know what to do. It was Josiane looking for me! I put my arms around her and took control. Too bad nobody was taking video, because it was a riot.
Old 13th Nov 05, 12:54 AM
eh!!

Cyberion is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Cyberion Send a message via Yahoo to Cyberion
Love... the true essence of it, the ability to have fire, earth, and water, is truly an awesome concept. It is interesting to know that by allowing your self to disclose/post/or whatever you wish to drive it as is "the essence".

Showing love in public areas, a small kiss to your other, holding hands, sharing a smile and instatly cracking up cause you both remember a funny joke without saying a word. This like most situations make me personally identify that these elements to our life is what is really important, sharing those moments.

Thank you rikytik for giving us a kick in the rear in rememberance that these elements that we cherish so, can and sometimes are lifted from us. We need to show our sustainable love more often.
Old 13th Nov 05, 01:17 AM

@rikytik - You make me laugh and cry at the same time.