BetaONE will rise again!

Old 9th Jun 05, 06:07 PM

BlackMantis
Outlook Subfolders
Hi Guys,

I was wondering if any of you guys know an easy way to grant permissions to subfolders in Outlook. My problem is this. I think if someone has Publishing Editor pemissions to my inbox and I create a subfolder then that person should inherit those permissions. But if I have a million subfolders already created and I want to add someone as a publishing editor for all of them I would have to go through them one by one? Is there a way to push the permissions down throughout the folder tree?

Let me know if I am not explaining myself correctly but if this can be done I would be very grateful to know how.

Thanks
Old 11th Jun 05, 09:49 PM
Administrator

robinwilson16 will become famous soon enoughrobinwilson16 will become famous soon enough
Hello
How are the subfolders shared?
Is this through Exchange IIS?

I think if you alter permissions in a folder in IIS it asks you if you want to apply them to all sub folders
Old 14th Jun 05, 06:57 PM

BlackMantis
Hi Robin,

They are just regular subfolders in Microsoft Outlook. Permissions are given by right clicking on the inbox > properties > permissions tab, here you can add a user and give them publishing editor rights etc. I am trying to find a way to let these rights push down throughout the subfolders.
Old 14th Jun 05, 06:58 PM

BlackMantis
Hi Robin,

Thanks for your reply.

They are just regular subfolders in Microsoft Outlook. Permissions are given by right clicking on the inbox > properties > permissions tab, here you can add a user and give them publishing editor rights etc. I am trying to find a way to let these rights push down throughout the subfolders. Hope this helps.
Old 18th Jun 05, 06:18 PM

BlackMantis
Nobody has any ideas?

Thanks.. guess doing them one by one is the only option.