BetaONE will rise again!

Old 25th Oct 04, 09:30 PM

NewsBot will become famous soon enough
Peeping Tom filter lets phones see through bikinis
A developer in Tokyo has created an add-on for Vodafone handsets that's meant to be used as a night filter to let people take pictures with their phones in the dark.

Unfortunately, the night vision camera has an unexpected side effect, according to Japanese developer Yamada Denshi. In the right circumstances, it allows users to see a lot more than they bargained for. As well as taking snaps in the dark, the Yamada Denshi infrared filter apparently sees through people's clothes. The problem arises because the filter uses the distribution of heat to create its pictures. When attached to a high-end camera, the filter can see though certain kinds of clothing and is reportedly particularly effective on dark bikinis.

The handset most often used with the filter--the V602-SH--is only available in Japan. A Vodafone spokeswoman confirmed that the Peeping Tom accessory isn't a problem outside of Japan. She added that because Yamada Denshi is a third-party supplier, Vodafone's control is limited. "They are not an approved third party," she said. "We would never go to market with a phone with any kind of capacity to see people naked," she said.

News source: C|Net News.comRead full story...

News source: Full Story
Old 25th Oct 04, 11:19 PM

unicorn is on a distinguished road
Lol - I'm a happy owner of a spy proof bikini. Any software addon applied to a cell phone trying to check my body temperature will make the phone explode. As commondream himself invented this I feel safe and comfortable.

Okey, what's up? I gave up smoking sex weeks ago. I still drink Laphroaig, extra cask only though, from time to time. I wear my exploit safe swimsuite (summertimes only), I still pray for the people of Chile every year at the eleventh of September, I think Americans are okey as long as they stay in the US, I like pictures, I do suspect I have drank to many of theese extra cask (admit) Laphroaigs right now, I have no idea why commondream says everything is allright, I do think B1 rules (in spite of a having few warheads as members, but that is okey (they basically seem to be nice guys - just in need of some guideance in life)), I don't know if the use of double parentesis is okey in English, but wth, they can't spell either, and finally photography is more fun than football. Maybe there isn't that much common wisdom in the last sentence.

cheers,