BetaONE will rise again!

Old 27th Mar 03, 02:09 PM

sunchaser
Anyone can provide a good tutorial regarding my problem ???

Thanks
Old 27th Mar 03, 04:16 PM
BetaONE Supporter

jakesnake is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to jakesnake
is this any help
found it here: http://www.duxcw.com/dcforum/DCForumID2/752.html

İş°¨¨°şİİş°¨¨°şİİş°¨¨°şİİş°¨¨°şİİş°¨¨°şİİş°¨¨°şİ

This procedure is for Wingate (which may be an option), but should be similar for other NATs. Note static IP requirement. I posted a how to on setting up static IPs for Win 98 SE ICS in this Forum yesterday or the day before?

?Q.How do I allow users to connect to my Serv-U server from behind a WinGate proxy server?
A.To allow connections to your Serv-U server, behind WinGate, complete the following steps:
These steps assume the FTP server is set to port 21.
1. Logon to GateKeeper with Administrative rights
2. Expand the tree
3. Double click the
4. Select the tab
5. Ensure that the top radio button is selected to
6. Click the tab
7. Click on the radio button
8. Enter the of the client machine hosting the FTP server behind WinGate, to which all FTP requests from the Internet will be directed : This client machine must have a static IP address in order for this to work properly
9. Enter the port as <21>
10. Click
11. Click the ?
In knowledge base on same site:
?NOTE: The FTP Clients will need to connect to FTP Serv-U using PASV (passive) mode. This is because of the Firewall (WinGate) in-between the FTP Client and FTP Server. Open FTP Serv-U From the top menu bar, click Setup In the drop down menu, click?
?SERVER IS NOT LISTENING: Port number 21 is already in use!
This error indicates that some other piece of software is using port 21. Usually, this is IIS. If you are running Windows NT, look for an FTP Service that is already running. You should be able to locate this under the service icon in the control panel. If you are running Windows 95 or 98 you will want to look for any other FTP Server software. If there is another FTP Server using port 21, disable it.
A second option is to switch the port number that FTP Serv-U listens on. To do this you will open up the main Serv-U window and then select Setup and FTP Server. Here you should see a field titled "FTP Port Number". It is recommend that you switch this to port 27. Then close and re-open FTP Serv-U. You should now see a line that looks like this:
FTP Server on-line: IP-number(s) 192.168.0.101 (or whatever your IP address is), port number 27
Note: if you do decide to change the port Serv-U is listening on you will want to let your FTP Clients know. In this case they would now need to connect to 192.168.0.101 (or whatever your IP address is) on port 27 instead of 192.168.0.101 on port 21.?
See http://support.microsoft.com/support...C H&SPR=WINME for changing the DHCP IP address range in Win Me ICS so it will not interfere with static IPs assigned to clients.

İ ş°¨¨°şİİş°¨¨°şİİş°¨¨°şİİş°¨¨°şİİş°¨¨°şİİş°¨¨°şİ