BetaONE will rise again!

Old 19th Jan 02, 08:20 PM
BetaONE Supporter

Cactus is an unknown quantity at this point
Hi All,

I'm having some problems with my Corporate Firewall, maby anyone know some solutions.

I'm using Symantec Enterprise Firewall (a.k.a. Axent Raptor Firewall) witch has a FTP daemon. Most FTP connections are handled perfectly, but only when they are using TCP port 21. As soon as I need to setup an FTP session over a port other then 21, the problem starts. The FTP daemon doesn't see the connection as an FTP connection, so it wont handle it. So I have to use the GSP daemon, witch handles TCP, UDP or IP connections. I setup a rule with allows my workstation to use the specific port witch I neeed to connect on. Usualy I can connect (using passive FTP mode) but as soon as a directory listing has to bee displayed the FTP client (FlashFXP) error an "Data Socket" error.

When I watch the logfiles of the firewall, I see that the connection to the site goes correct, but a connection comes back in on another port, witch isn't allowed.

I'm sure this problem isn't specific for S.E.F., I believe most firewalls wil have the same problem, and I'm also sure the problem can be solved. I just don't know hows.

Anyone can sched a light on this? Thanks!

Cheers,

Le Cactus