BetaONE will rise again!

Old 27th Feb 03, 09:32 AM
BetaONE Supporter

jakesnake is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to jakesnake
Yahoo! Mail disabled free access to its POP3 service in April 2002. This resulted in many people (including myself) to look for alternative free POP3 services. But this exercise can be very difficult because of the fact that your Yahoo! Mail address could be with several people and informing all of them about your new email address could prove to be a nightmare.

And then one day, I stumbled across a Perl script called FetchYahoo, which almost did what I wanted! It downloaded emails from Yahoo's website and presented them in a format such that email clients like Netscape and Pine could read them. But, the format in which it saved the emails is not supported by all email clients, including the one that I use. Also, making a layman install Perl and to get a Perl script to work could be a nightmare.

So, YahooPOPs! was born. YahooPOPs! is an open-source initiative to provide free POP3 access to your Yahoo! Mail account. YahooPOPs! is available on the Windows and Unix platforms.

This application emulates a POP3 server and enables popular email clients like Outlook, Netscape, Eudora, Mozilla, Calypso, etc., to download email from Yahoo! accounts.

Download YahooPOPs! 0.4/Windows Installer

Download YahooPOPs!/Linux 0.3.9.2

Download YahooPOPs!/Mac 0.3.9.2

Download YahooPOPs!/Sun 0.3.9.2

Read more on there website here:
http://yahoopops.sourceforge.net

jake