BetaONE will rise again!

Old 18th Dec 03, 11:51 AM

PCTech is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to PCTech
Which type of databases would be best used since i'm using Visual basic .net the WEB UI (aspx stuff) project? Is there another way I can make a web project other than with the "Other Projects ->VB .NET > WEBUI Project"? What are the advantages of these databases? Thanks for all the help!

Warmest Regards,
~PCTech
Old 1st Feb 04, 01:26 AM

MaxPayne
Not sure what you mean, but Access is just a 20 user DB, kinda lame if you want to use it online, maybe for a test environment. I use MS SQL Server 2000 in my servers and it rocks. What do you want to do?
Old 1st Feb 04, 12:44 PM

PCTech is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to PCTech
I would like to make my own invoice/inventory and accounts payable suite for online use! Of course I'd need a database, I was just trying to weigh advantages of my current options. and I have to agree with you SQL Server would be good, however I dont know any SQL

~PCTech
Old 6th Feb 04, 04:52 PM
Administrator

JacKDynne will become famous soon enoughJacKDynne will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to JacKDynne
www.mysql.com

/JD

Old 19th Feb 04, 02:26 PM
Administrator

robinwilson16 will become famous soon enoughrobinwilson16 will become famous soon enough
The only way I have done it before for asp is using access. You have to install IIS where you will get a basic website set up.
Then go to ODBC connections in control panel
Create a new data access link.
Browse to the access file and set a name for it
Then in the asp file, use the general connection code and for the data source enter the name you gave the link in control panel
To be able to update records you will probably need to right click the access file and set global write permissions.
Old 19th Feb 04, 02:28 PM
Administrator

robinwilson16 will become famous soon enoughrobinwilson16 will become famous soon enough
I have also done it before with php files (invisionboard) using a mysql database where you have to install apache and then install php and mysql then you will probably want to get phpmyadmin to be able to more easily administer and create the databases

This is only for php files though although I believe you can get asp files to work with a mysql database as well