BetaONE will rise again!

Old 10th May 06, 06:00 PM

NewsBot will become famous soon enough
Details Leak on Windows Media Player 11 for XP Release
I have some information about release dates on Windows Media Player 11 for Windows XP that no one else has. This information was obtained from a Microsoft employee who I can't name, but was able to give me this information. If you know other MS employees, they may be able to confirm this information by digging a little bit through Microsoft's internal knowledge base (i.e. employees only):Microsoft is planning a Public Preview Beta of Windows Media Player 11 for Windows XP on Wednesday, May 17th. Users will then be able to download the beta from here.The final RTM release is scheduled for late June 06 (I will try this week to get a date).Here is a list of features that will and will not be in the XP version:Features in WMP 11 for XP (June 06):New UISupport for better synchronization for portable devicesAlbum “stacks” of album artIndexed libraries with search-as-you-type featuresUser controlled downgrade of quality for DRM content to allow for smaller filesDRM content will contain metadata that shows what the user is allowed to do with the fileIncludes Microsoft and MTV’s Urge music storeFeatures in WMP 11 for Vista (Early 07):Everything that is in the WMP 11 for XPPlaying content (including DRM) on your PC from another PC or deviceViewing content from the Vista Media library on other PCs or digital devices, such as TivoPlayback of High Value video contentShell integration with Windows Media PlayerContent Indexer change notification to sync My Music and WMP libraryDVD Fullscreen playback enhancementsDRM TranscodeHigh quality video streaming over home networksMedia foundation for playback Download: Public Preview Beta of Windows Media Player 11 for Windows XP (May 17th+) View: Original Article News source: The Hotfix

News source: Full Story