BetaONE will rise again!

Old 6th Jan 06, 05:21 PM

PCTech is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to PCTech
HIPAA and Patient Web Data?
Alright, I got a big situation at work! My Dr, wants a database of the patient questionaries that the patient fills out. Well if he wants to add something then he has to scribble it on there, and pretty much if there are alot of addendums then it looks pretty crappy.

What we want is something that he can access on his database via wireless, and from his work computer in the office and at home if he needed to, and something that I can access from anywhere and his nurse also.

Is our only option to do a web database with PHP and MY Sql or Java?

Or would we be better off doing a VPN of sorts and running a router that had MAC address restrictions on it so that only certain computers could have access to it, and have the database open from a central server of sorts? Bandwidth isn't an issue here, we have pretty much have unlimited available bandwidth with our OC lines.

I figured our best bet would be web based, but I just wanted to confirm that, before I mentioned it to our Programming and IT Support staff.

Any ideas?

~PCT
Old 7th Jan 06, 02:45 AM

Dudelive is an unknown quantity at this point
It seems as though you will have to go through several channels for legal advice and approval first in order to find what can and can not be accessed and by who. Than is the first step which HAS to be decided. Then you will have to secure the database......cause if that part breaks then heads and jobs WILL roll and I mean fast.

It almost would be better for the database to just be updated with the changes rather than all the database be made accessable from everywhere.

Good searching on this

Thanks
Dudelive