BetaONE will rise again!

Old 24th Oct 04, 10:32 AM
BetaONE Supporter

torataka has disabled reputation
Can't Burn Data DVDs--Could Before
All,

I have the strangest problem. Up until recently no problems burning DVDs, in this instance data DVDs. Then, the following happened:

- Nero 6.6 started crashing on me with an ffdshow.ax error when I tried to load files. Uninstalled that using Nero's Clean-Up utility, installed 6.3.125, same problem.

- Installed latest version of Copy2DVD, goes through the motions as if it's burning, but end up with a blank disk.

- Tried Burnatonce, same problem as Copy2DVD.

- Downloaded a proggie called DeepBurner Pro, worked for maybe 2 or 3 burns but now locks up on me.

I recently did some registry stuff, thought that might be the problem so I went back to a saved image file from a couple weeks back, still no luck. I tried different DVD+R disks, didn't make a difference. I just burned a Video_TS with Nero yesterday, so at least that worked, but still can't burn .avi/.mpg files. This is the weirdest thing, anybody have any clues as to what's going on?

FYI, I'm using a Plextor PX-708A with the latest 1.08 firmware. As I said, Nero worked like a champ before, then crapped out on me and nothing else seems to work for data disk burns.

Thanks in advance,

torataka