BetaONE will rise again!

Old 9th Mar 02, 04:24 PM
BetaONE Supporter

khauyeung is an unknown quantity at this point
This is to announce that my SuperW2K.ISO has been released. There is nothing to be exciting, it is only a revised version of my "Windows 2K 3in1 AMM V3" with some minor but practical improvements:

1. The directories of the 3 OS's (Pro/Srv/Ads) have been relocated. The i386 folder of Windows 2000 Professional is now just under the root and serves as the Primary OS. In other words, the Professional portion is now identical to a retail CD in terms of contents, installation and upgrade process. (In the old W2K3in1, all 3 OS's are alternate which have limitation in Upgrade and SFC).

2. Not limited to be bootable into the 3 OS's, the CD now offers boot to run Windows 98 DOS Extended Commands, NTFSDOS_PRO or Partition Magic 7 which obviosly is very useful for advanced users.

3. Resource Kit and expanded i386 folder of SP2 included to allow advanced operations on installed Windows 2000.

4. Included IE6 SP1 and Windows Media Player 8 for Windows 2000.

I decided not to include the Win2K DataCentre because it is too different with the othe 3 OS's and the total image cannot be accomdated into one single standard CD. I chose to integrate SP2 but gave up the SP3 because SP3 is still in Beta Stage and is not a validated Service Patch.

Full features of the Super CD can be viewed at the following URL:
/http://members.rogers.com/khauyeung/Super2K.htm

CD-Label is included:
/http://members.rogers.com/khayftp2/superw2k.jpg

With the release of this SuperW2K.ISO, and the released SuperWOS.ISO and SuperWXP.ISO, my Super Windows Suite is now completed. Of course the Super CD Collection will be extended in the future when new stufffs or new idea arrive.

The SuperW2K.ISO is 674,584,576 Bytes in size with AutoCRC=0xA804CAF8. It is splitted into 35 files of 15MB size ranging from superw2k.rar to superw2k.r33. It is now at usual place. I am sure that there are kind members willing to share it at later time to those who do not have access to the place.

Please kindly do not ask me for a link because I will not serve it by myselves.

Enjoy!

7-27-2002: My new SuperW2KSP3.ISO has been released. Retails in the following thread:
http://www.betaone.net/forums/index.php?s=...=ST&f=7&t=13151

Last edited by khauyeung at Jul 27 2002, 08:53 AM
Old 9th Mar 02, 05:38 PM

g-string
Looks sweet to me, khauyeung. I'll get my begging bowl out when ppl are serving. Many thanks for this latest offering.

g-string.
Old 9th Mar 02, 06:12 PM
AppleBelly

would it of been possible to include datacenter on here as well?

great work, is this the Super collection complete for now?
Old 9th Mar 02, 07:10 PM

pcservicetech is an unknown quantity at this point
I am just guessing at this, but it stands to reason that since data center is SP1 and has many same named files, they are all completely different. DCS is a whole different beast. Even had it been released at the same time as the rest of the Win2k line it probably would not have worked on an N1 because it is specifically tuned to run differently than the rest. Most fo its files are different therefore the optimization switch would not help, same file names, but completely different bytewise.
Old 9th Mar 02, 07:12 PM
BetaONE Supporter

Quote:
Originally posted by AppleBelly
would it of been possible to include datacenter on here as well?

great work, is this the Super collection complete for now?
Someone corrects me if I was wrong: When DataCentre is added to the W2k3in1, the total optimized image size will exceed 650MB and thus cannot fit onto a standard CD.

The Super Windows Suite is now completed with SuperWOS.ISO, SuperW2K.ISO and SuperWXP.ISO. The Super CD collection will be extended in the future when new stuffs and/or new idea come.

Last edited by khauyeung at Jul 27 2002, 06:05 PM
Old 9th Mar 02, 11:45 PM

DigitalSteel
khauyeung

Thanks dude

2 Questions

1st what OS does SuperWOS.ISO have i mean did you include

ME or windows 98_SE -[only version i seen of that was chinese ]-

ALSO

if you want a new idea 4 a super CD i have 2 idea's Pm me and i tell you and yes i think 4 the most part i have the files 4 both

Old 9th Mar 02, 11:57 PM
BetaONE Supporter

SuperWOS.ISO included Win98 SE, Win95b, WinNT 4 Workstation, MS-DOS6.22, PC-DOS 7.0, 4DOS plus others. Find details at /http://members.rogers.com/khauyeung/superwos.txt.

Your idea will be valuable to develope the Super CD's in my future release. PM sent.
Old 10th Mar 02, 07:15 AM

DigitalSteel
[quote:526a704fcf][i:526a704fcf]Originally posted by khauyeung [/i:526a704fcf]
[b:526a704fcf]SuperWOS.ISO included Win98 SE, Win95b, WinNT 4 Workstation, MS-DOS6.22, PC-DOS 7.0, 4DOS plus others. Find details at /http://members.rogers.com/khauyeung/superwos.txt or click the [b][www][/b:526a704fcf] button under my post to visit my Home Page.

Your idea will be valuable to develope the Super CD's in my future release. PM sent. [/quote:526a704fcf]

Thanks but i was asking why ME was not included in that version

not the reg ME but the corp version

or retail

ALSO

PM sent
Old 10th Mar 02, 01:55 PM
BetaONE Supporter

ME was not included in the SuperWOS because it has never left me a good working experience. May be I am too biased to my own personal feeling!
Old 10th Mar 02, 09:18 PM

DigitalSteel
khauyeung

I hear ya

PS

how's about a .net combo

Super net CD