BetaONE will rise again!

Old 4th Apr 05, 03:33 PM
M.I.A.

Zone-MR will become famous soon enoughZone-MR will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to Zone-MR
Cactus - sad as it is, I'm pretty sure you are right.

Here's my take.
We know that the brain is the origin of our memories, our thoughts, our dreams. Our brain is essentially responsible for who we are.

What happens when the brain is damaged? Without the memories of our past mistakes, we would be inclinded to repeat them. Without the knowledge we have acquired over the years, we would lose our stances, opinions, and viewpoints. Without recollection of the moments we shared with our close ones, we would lose all feelings towards them.

Our personality is a product of our memory and our thoughts. Once the knowledge of my past is gone, along with my ability to think coherently, I am no longer 'me'.

At some point, before the full cessation of all biological functions, our brains are already dead or dying. Sometimes it's gradual and can be observed - the elderly often lose their vitallity and characteristic traits long before they physically stop breathing. In other cases it's sudden - an accident or heart failure cuts off the oxygen supply to your brain, and seconds later your character is irrecoverably erased.

We often believe what we'd like to believe. It seems comforting to feel that death is not the end. I'm not that sure. Even if our 'spirit' could live on after our body dies, would we really want it to? Would you still be you? The 'you' at age 90, who can no longer think coherently, and has lost most recollection of the adventure and love they felt in their youth? Or the 'you' back when you were 5, full of vitality and an open mind, but without the wisdom of the years?
Old 4th Apr 05, 06:11 PM

Fisher is on a distinguished road
Everyone who wrote something here is right.
One thing for sure we'll never know for 100% what will happen to us after death.
We can only belive in what I wrote earlier and with this we will live better.
Old 14th Apr 05, 10:10 PM
BetaONE Supporter

Cactus is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisher
Cactus,
You have to belive in something.

When you read it, think about what you're reading and then you'll understand.

Memento mori
Memento mori = A reminder of death or mortality

I am aware of my mortality, painfully aware in fact. Not that I fear death since I believe I won't experience death at all. I'm sure when my time has come I'll think it came to soon, but not not due to the fear of what'll come, but since I think life HERE is GREAT. And I do believe, just not the same things you do. Here and now, that's what I believe in...

It's like Zone said, it's very conforting to believe in something after 'this hard life', that it's just something you need to go through so you can reach eternal paradise. But it doesn't make much sence to me, and although I tried very, very hard, I couldn't find any proof of heaven or hell.

For most people's sake I really hope I'm wrong about this all, although I doubt it. I'd volunteer to go to hell if that would mean everyone who does believe (my wife does...) will go to heaven. And although I believe I live my life in a way I won't be denied access to heaven, should it exist, if my 'not believeing' now is reason to send me to hell... well then f*ck it then.

/Cacti

b.t.w. There is a rumour here that hell is the only place they serve beer, so how bad can it be?
Old 19th Apr 05, 04:45 AM

Hell is a hole in the ground, grave or tomb we all go there except for those God has taken up without seeing death. There are those that will be thrown into the lake of fire because they rejected God's Kingdom.

There is no greater Truth proclaimed than this :

For God so Loved the World that He gave His only begotten Son so that whoever beleives in Him should not perish but have Everlasting Life .
And get to know Jesus personally there is no better thing you could do for yourself, read the Bible and follow what He says.Talk to Him in your quite times every day thanking Him for all He has done for you, ask Him for your needs and tell Him your troubles and everything thats happened in your day, Ask Him to forgive you for the wrongs you have done as you forgive others that have wronged you.

Memento mori = A reminder of death

Last edited by Fisher : 19th Apr 05 at 04:47 AM.
Old 19th Apr 05, 10:31 AM

KingCobra is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to KingCobra
@Cactus - I can only speak for myself as I have already posted previously, but you already know the truth.

You posted it here:

Quote:
...if my 'not believeing' now is reason to send me to hell
Did Jesus die on the cross for our sins to give us the chance to "ASK" forgiveness and enter the gates of Heaven? YES! Anyone can ask at anytime. You do not have to attend a church to do it. You can do it right now, it's simple.

You can't go to Heaven by your works. Just doing good will not cut it, we were all born sinners. I try very hard to not use words like Lucky, which I feel is just one of many words used today to cover up the Lord's blessings and fails to give glory to GOD for the GREAT thinks he does for us every day. I thank the Lord everyday for my life, his forgiveness, understanding, my family, and the friends I have. If I lost everything, I know I will not loose my SALVATION! I have been promised that in the bible and if I don't believe and trust GOD's word 110% than I really don't believe. I would try very hard to continue to thank GOD and be a good severnt to him as Job was.

Last edited by KingCobra : 19th Apr 05 at 10:54 AM.
Old 19th Apr 05, 02:29 PM
M.I.A.

Zone-MR will become famous soon enoughZone-MR will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to Zone-MR
Quote:
Just doing good will not cut it, we were all born sinners.
Surely that's a little unfair You're suggesting that I can lead my life altruistically, have other people's well-being in mind, and do no harm to any living creature, yet still spend eternity being tortured in hell if I refuse to be held accountable for something my ancient ancestor did when the earth was formed (I didn't think even single-cellular organisms existed back then, but I guess we don't understand biology as well as people did 2000 years ago).

If the incentive of heaven makes our society more philanthropic, I'm all for it being widely belived. However, I also believe when a new child is born, they are as innocent as any human being can ever be - I'd never have children knowing that they would be guilty just by existing, and would have to actively seek forgivness for my wrongdoings, as well as those of my ancestors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shallow Be Thy Game | Red Hot Chilli Peppers
Shallow be thy game
2000 years look in the mirror
You play the game of shame
And tell your people live in fear
To anyone who's listenin'
You're not born into sin
The guilt they try and give you
Puke it in the nearest bin
That's just my viewpoint, and I hope everyone here is open-minded enough not to be offended by heretical statments. If it's any consolation, sometime within the next 70 years, I'm going to be welcomed into a place of eternal torture if you are correct :-/
Old 6th May 05, 11:51 PM

Cactus,
If life happens to deliver a situation to you that you cannot handle,
do not attempt to resolve it.
Kindly put in the SFGTD(something for God to do)box.
All situations unill be resolved, but in my time, NOT Yours.
Old 7th May 05, 12:08 AM
BetaONE Supporter

Cactus is an unknown quantity at this point
Scarry...

sending PM.
Old 23rd Feb 06, 09:08 PM
eh!!

Cyberion is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Cyberion Send a message via Yahoo to Cyberion
Ya know.. done alot of thinking.. (black smoke emits from ears)

Its sorta like a path, my path of which has been totally off the beaten track from the guys that I went to high school with, whom I've pretty much lost contact with.

Fisher you said that I would understand in time; thank you I understand more about the path(s) that I must take. As OldBunny said, its only my future at state right?

Its sorta like trying to tell the future before it happens, weird as that sounds. Can we find the paths that we should take, or have shown those that we should not take? If this is true, what does it look like, or feel like?

(couple year old thread.. bump )
Old 24th Feb 06, 10:12 PM

Our part.Trust God whole-heartedly, in every corner of life,recognizing that He is
the One in charge.
His part "He will make your paths straight."
The word means "smooth," "straight," or "even."
In other words,He will smooth out your path. He'll take care of each of those obstacles on the trail ahead of you.

Trust in the LORD
with all your heart.... He will
make your paths straight.