BetaONE will rise again!

Old 27th Jan 03, 04:06 AM

edg
I can't get my Umax 2100U scanner to work with Windows.net 2003 server. I unplugged it and now every time I boot I get an error message that the service has failed to start, and this notice in the event log:

"The PV8630 WDM Device Driver service failed to start due to the following error:
The service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it."

I would like to either get it to work or get rid of the annoying error message; this service is not listed in the services list so it is hidden somewhere, I'd like to disable the error message until I can get the driver problem fixed.

Thanks for any help.
Old 30th Jan 03, 10:57 PM
BetaONE Supporter

Cactus is an unknown quantity at this point
Hi,

Your system log in the event viewer must have a message on the error that pops up. What's is the exact error and event-id?