BetaONE will rise again!

Closed Thread
Old 9th Aug 04, 09:03 PM

SlickVic78 is an unknown quantity at this point
Hello All,

I noticed today that for some reason, when I open up M$ Word to type a document, it does not show me the top and bottom margins. I have to go to View -> Header and Footer and then close out of it in order to bring the top and bottom margins back. It is still set to display the Print Layout View. I have not changed anything since I last used Word, which was about a week ago.

I tried installing SP1 thinking that could have maybe refreshed it, but no go. Does anyone know how I can get back my top and bottom margins when opening Word to a new document?

TIA,

[EDIT] Boy, I sure do love brain farts - which I've been getting a lot of lately! :lol1: I ended up finding the problem, although I have not changed any settings. But for those who want to know the solution, I ended up using the M$ Help feature and typed in "Top and Bottom Margins"... One of the options were:

Quote:
If you're working in print layout view (print layout view: A view of a document or other object as it will appear when you print it. For example, items such as headers, footnotes, columns, and text boxes appear in their actual positions.), the top and bottom margins may not be visible if the White space between pages option is not selected. On the Tools menu, click Options. On the View tab, select the White space between pages check box.
Sure enough, after placing a check mark in this box, the margins came back! WOOT!

I guess this thread can be closed now - an Admin/Mod wanna help me out with my request?

Thanks!
-SlickVic78
  • 80 Gig 7200 RPM Western Digital HDD
  • Lite-On LTR-52327S CD-RW Burner
  • Lite-On SOHW-1633S DVD Burner
  • ATI Radeon 9700 Pro
  • Sound Blaster Audigy
  • Microsoft Windows XP Pro SP-2
Old 9th Aug 04, 10:32 PM
Administrator

DoG will become famous soon enoughDoG will become famous soon enough
Send a message via ICQ to DoG Send a message via MSN to DoG Send a message via Yahoo to DoG
Closing as requested

Closed Thread