BetaONE will rise again!

Old 31st Jan 07, 01:16 AM
BetaONE Supporter

rikytik is an unknown quantity at this point
Vista Kick Off
Today is the day. Doesn't seem to be a place to talk about Vista yet on the board.

I have a legal activated version and haven't used it at all because HP still hasn't posted drivers for their Photosmart 3200 printer/scanner/copier machines. HP says they will work with Vista drivers via the USB port, but I connect through a switch via the ethernet connector.

Otherwise most things seem to be working OK.

Anybody got comments on experiences to date?
Old 31st Jan 07, 12:22 PM
Mega Mod

wase4711 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to wase4711 Send a message via MSN to wase4711
been using it for almost a year, as a tester, and its a ton better now than it was in its beta stages..for the last month or so, using my legal copy, and I must say its faster and smoother, both processing data and through networking than XP ever was..
Still some driver issues for people out there, but now thats its officially "released", that should slowly go away.
Would I pay 400 bucks for a full retail copy of Ultimate? No way in the world...
NO Operating system is worth that much...
Old 7th Feb 07, 02:53 AM

Oldbunny is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by rikytik
Today is the day. Doesn't seem to be a place to talk about Vista yet on the board.

I have a legal activated version and haven't used it at all because HP still hasn't posted drivers for their Photosmart 3200 printer/scanner/copier machines. HP says they will work with Vista drivers via the USB port, but I connect through a switch via the ethernet connector.

Otherwise most things seem to be working OK.

Anybody got comments on experiences to date?
Still wondering what is your impression about the new Vista?
And what kind of Legal Vista you have use?

More about the Vista release?

Just stop at any Computer Store to get the blow from Microxxft advertise..
and bunch freebies to get you for the Vista to buy!

Now we aproach the new Vista Time almost everywhere..

But I think.. isn't time yet to go for the still buggy o/s and say after a year or two when after..
the millions of users around the World will fight and clean the still buggy & crash O/S the same way like in the past.

My XP works peacefully and stable.. so why the extras $$ I have to spend?
It doesn't makes and real good sense for me at all.

Are Im going to sped the $400 bucks for new Vista?

No way at all.. it doesn't worth that hard money average user makes!

Any question?
Old 9th Feb 07, 12:37 AM

KingCobra is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to KingCobra
I don't install apps as often as I once did and most of my time is on the internet. XP is still fine with me, currently find no need to change. At $400 I'll never change over.
Old 9th Feb 07, 01:37 PM
Super Moderator

~*McoreD*~ is an unknown quantity at this point
Having my 129th hour for Windows Vista uptime over here. Running build 6000, it just got more and more stable with time.

Still running the trial from RC1 serial.

Can get Vista OEM 64-bit here in Aus for $189 which is pretty cheap.
Old 9th Feb 07, 06:32 PM
Administrator

DoG will become famous soon enoughDoG will become famous soon enough
Send a message via ICQ to DoG Send a message via MSN to DoG Send a message via Yahoo to DoG
I'm running my Vista Ultimate that microsoft gave actively participating beta testers and i have to say i love it. It has improved vastly since the later beta builds and is rock stable. I had to upgrade some hardare to get the "Aero" theme up and running but i was due to upgrade graphics cards any way.
Is it worth $400? no way!!! It's unrealisticly priced as all Microsoft OS's are, comes in too many flavours wich will no doubt confuse the hell out of most of the average PC users and requires a better grade of system than most people would think to buy as a home PC.

Old 9th Feb 07, 07:22 PM
Administrator

robinwilson16 will become famous soon enoughrobinwilson16 will become famous soon enough
I too think there are way too many editions of Vista. I think at most there should have been 2. It seems like it's just a way to make you pay more by offering all these different editions with only one that has all the functionality you need although I'm sure the other editions would be enough for lots of people. If they want to cut down on piracy they should charge less for there OSes as I think there will always be ways around WGA while Windows is stored on local storage although I'm sure it will get increasingly difficult.

Under the flashy exterior, will Vista really perform that much better than XP. I've already had a few headaches with the final edition and general instability!

I do think it was nice of Microsoft to give away a free version to beta testers though, although it made me feel guilty for not being more active!
Old 10th Feb 07, 04:01 PM
Mega Mod

wase4711 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to wase4711 Send a message via MSN to wase4711
$119 for OEM home premium at Newegg, for those of you in the USA..
Installed it on the wife's pc, and it works great...