BetaONE will rise again!

Old 8th Aug 01, 04:42 PM
SuperSonic2K3

Usually, when I'm online for about an hour or more, my screen tears up and starts displaying incorrect colors. At first I thought it was a heat issue, but I do have very good cooling in my case. I'm currently using the 7153 drivers, and it only affects my Win98 machine. Anyone know a way to remedy this?
Old 8th Aug 01, 05:06 PM
-=[DaZliNk]=-

Try this tweaker to lower your memory and core timing dude. (Overclocking to the limit will cause bad screen tearing on radeons).
http://hem.passagen.se/emiper/Radeon.html

165/165 sync clocks is standard for OEM.
185/185 sync clocks I think is standard for Retail boards.

You can pretty much tweak the lot with this little baby though.

A excellent tool to fry a Radeon with... LOL
Old 8th Aug 01, 05:10 PM
SuperSonic2K3

I'm currently using a Radeon 64DDR Retail at 200/200. I'll see if lowering it back to 183/183 works. Thx.
Old 8th Aug 01, 05:19 PM
-=[DaZliNk]=-

I have a Radeon 64Mb DDR OEM at 175/175, and it's soild as rock. (I don't like to push my luck)

The very MAX I've heard of someone overclocking a retail Radeon is 220/200, but I bet you could cook your dinner on that graphics board. (NOT RECOMMENDED).

Old 9th Aug 01, 12:34 AM
SuperSonic2K3

Thanx. I would also like to note that I recently flashed my Radeon's BIOS to an SE. It looks like clocking it back to 183/183 solved the problem, but I'll keep it at 200/200 when playing games. Huh...strange...I have very good cooling with my Radeon. Anyway, the highest I've gotten it is around 210/210, although the newer 64DDR Retails (clocked at 200/200) can probably do 230/230 easily.
Old 9th Aug 01, 02:07 AM
-=[DaZliNk]=-

When all said and done, you can only push hardware to certain limit over it's design.

Sticking bloody great big ball bearing fans on is not the answer if you ask me.

If I want a faster card than what I have, I'll buy one.

At the end of the day overclocking may only get you 5-15fps appox anyway, and plus you shorten the life of the card.

As long as get over 70fps I'm a happy guy

[ August 09, 2001 03:09 AM: Last edited by dazlink ]
Old 9th Aug 01, 04:22 AM

UndaC
Send a message via ICQ to UndaC Send a message via MSN to UndaC
my dear Radeon runs with a SE bios
so now it runs at 198/198 with fast latency, I can bring up the core timing to fast without major trouble too

however it's causing some abnormalities (colored dots), so I guess I need better cooling

about that fastest radeon, I know one guy who brought his core all the way to 270 and his memory to 230 WITHOUT addidional cooling

so an SE should go further...
I've seen them running at 265/265 without ANY reported trouble, beats the hell out of the GF2U and maybe GF3 too

[ August 09, 2001 07:49 AM: Last edited by UndaC ]
Old 9th Aug 01, 02:40 PM
SuperSonic2K3

Ignorance is good for the soul...

Before I even knew about benchmarks and tweaking I used to be so much happier... . Now I want to squeeze every last drop out of every video card I purchase. I can't stop tweaking things though...but still I'm happy if my card runs Q3 at ~50fps @ 1280*1024*32 with everything maxed out, or UT at 40fps at 1024*768*32.

[img:4cbbff1ca0]http://pvr.gamestats.com/ikonboard/emoticons/jump.gif[/img:4cbbff1ca0]

[ August 09, 2001 03:47 PM: Last edited by SuperSonic2K3 ]
Old 9th Aug 01, 04:52 PM
-=[DaZliNk]=-

Me, my mates and some guests setup a game's LAN every so often in a public place.

Now my mates get off on all this FPS and overclocking they forget that we are there to play games.

Anyway... I might not have the fastest rig on site, but my rig has ALWAYS been rock soild.

When my mates are scatching their heads trying to figure out why? their super fast overclocked 1.3Ghz Althon keeps crashing on them.
I'm sitting there pretty smug on little PIII 800Mhz.
And a hour later when somebody else is on my rig fragging other folks on the LAN, I will go over to them and say something like:
"What were you saying about my rig, AH!! AH!!... least I get to play a F@CK?N game"

LOL

Old 9th Aug 01, 05:00 PM
SuperSonic2K3

Boy...I've gotten into the habit of tweaking things...heck I even want to tweak my lawnmower! I don't know how fast it runs Quake III though lol.

Hmm...maybe if I add some ramsinks and a fan to my head maybe I'll be able to think faster.