BetaONE will rise again!

Old 20th Oct 01, 04:15 PM

Bluemann
In the game I play, I play a game Rogue Spear, on windows XP I never had this, but now after I formatted, (still on XP) I have choppyness when I play the game. My system is 640 megs of ram, geforce2 64 meg video card and a 1.4 amd athlon processor. I dont know why it's chopping on me, and suggestions?

-----Question # 2------

I have a 1.4 ghz amd athlon, and a asus a7v133 motherboard, now i installed the chip, and the bios is telling me this chip is only 1050 mhz....I know I can play with the multiplier settings to make it 1.4, but why wont it read 1.4 in the first place?

any answers? lol thanks.

[ October 20, 2001: Last edited by Bluemann ]</p>
Old 20th Oct 01, 05:19 PM

HamsterX
Send a message via MSN to HamsterX
1) I think I didn't understand... what OS are you using for RS? Some games are not 100 % XP compatible... an example of choppyness is FIFA 2001. Some other games get improved performance when running inside XP. It depends.

2) In the BIOS, set your FSB clock to 133 MHz, not 100 MHz... the AMD Athlon needs 133 MHz x 10.5, not 100 MHz x 14.

1050 = 10.5 x 100 = 1.05 GHz
1400 = 10.5 x 133 = 1.4 GHz

Cheers

[ October 20, 2001: Last edited by HamsterX ]</p>
Old 20th Oct 01, 10:06 PM

Bluemann
thanks alot bro, now that I edited the post for my choppyness, can you give me any hints on why im choppy still?
Old 21st Oct 01, 05:05 PM

HamsterX
Send a message via MSN to HamsterX
Hmm... [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Are you sure the "before" and the "after" choppyness were exactly the same environment? Was the first XP installation a fresh one or an upgrade ? NTFS or FAT ? Are the VGA/sound drivers the same ?... Are they updated ?... Any anti-virus or b/g-running software installed ?...

Sorry for all these questions, but... if you were using the same type of XP installation before and after choppyness occured, I have no idea what caused it...

Cheers
Old 22nd Oct 01, 11:05 PM
david42018

yea, and also make sure ur vid settings are ok, and R6 is updated/patched, a fine resolution and also if 4x4 Anti-Aliasing is on...that gives u a big cut in performance. dont stop askin questions if we arent helpin
Old 27th Oct 01, 10:10 PM
bobf9999

You could try running the game with one of the XP Compatibilty mode settings. If you haven't done this before you right click on the shortcut or the .exe itself and select properties. You can set the program to run as if under several windows versions. This won't fix everything, but it does help with some programs.