BetaONE will rise again!

Old 21st Aug 03, 01:29 AM

Mitch1 is an unknown quantity at this point
I use nti to burn my dvd's and with my experience .
a - dvd burns at 1x while a +dvd burns at 2.4x
May be it is what the format is rather than what the burner or program is that your'e burning with. of course i can burn cd's at 24x with the same program.
Old 21st Aug 03, 05:36 PM

unicorn is on a distinguished road
I don't know that Mitch1... I finally managed to load Nero (5.5.10). I took a while for me to find my old license. Now I have tried it and there was no problem with burning a DVD-R in 4x speed. All 4.5 GB took some fiftheen minutes, flawless and with the buffer never going lower than 94%.
This makes sense to me, the DVD-medium is approved for 4x and the DVD-writer is specified to work in 4x. I think there is some problem with the NTI burner that limits you to 1x speed.

Now I only need to figure out how to load Nero into the old style. This new thing with Nero Express is not for me. Or do I have to have it that way?

Thanks to all, btw, I appreciate the input.
Old 21st Aug 03, 08:14 PM
BetaONE Supporter

roadworker is an unknown quantity at this point
</span><blockquote><span class="smallfont">Quote:</span><hr size="1" />Originally Posted by (.unicorn @ Aug 21 2003, 04:36 PM)
Now I only need to figure out how to load Nero into the old style. This new thing with Nero Express is not for me. Or do I have to have it that way? <hr size="1" /></blockquote><span class='postcolor'>
When Nero Express launches it's splash screen,there should be a button down on the left corner with "Nero".....just click that 1...
Old 21st Aug 03, 09:33 PM

roadworker; that doesn't give me the traditional interface, all I get is a "bout" screen. Me goes searching solutions.
Old 21st Aug 03, 09:44 PM
BetaONE Supporter

roadworker is an unknown quantity at this point
</span><blockquote><span class="smallfont">Quote:</span><hr size="1" />Originally Posted by (.unicorn @ Aug 21 2003, 08:33 PM)
roadworker; that doesn't give me the traditional interface, all I get is a "bout" screen. Me goes searching solutions. <hr size="1" /></blockquote><span class='postcolor'>
That's weird...it should be available on 5.5.10.x versions.....only older versions (5.5.8.x)needed a launcher... ....you can try to make a shortcut to your desktop of the Nero.exe in your Ahead program files folder,but if this doesn't work,you have to feed Nero another serial to get the "old" interface back....or you can try to install the version where you bought the licence for,and update it to 5.5.10.x
Old 21st Aug 03, 09:58 PM

kernel
sorry for my 'thanks' ...

i pressed the wrong button&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;

my dvd-burner is a - NEC ND-1300a, ? 166,-

i always use Nero 6.0.0.11 to burn applikation-dvds, and had never any problems

have a nice day
kernel
Old 21st Aug 03, 11:07 PM

Thank you roadworker.
I tried with a reinstall. Then it started with the old interface and I checked everything I wanted in the preferences, burned a DVD being very careful with not going into Express version and then afterwards it stayed with the classic interface when I reopened the application. Can't say exactly why. Oh well...
... I am now muy contento!
Old 21st Aug 03, 11:30 PM
BetaONE Supporter

ecperez is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to ecperez Send a message via AIM to ecperez Send a message via MSN to ecperez Send a message via Yahoo to ecperez
CloneDVD, CopytoDVD.