BetaONE will rise again!

Old 22nd Mar 06, 02:47 AM
BetaONE Supporter

lickablepig is an unknown quantity at this point
CDRWIN 3x
Hi BetaONE1...
Is this a known issue_aka_errata with cdrwin 3.x not properly detecting burners? Remember CDRWIN?

Think they started the whole bin cue format or at least made it real popular. I wanted to use it the other day for an iso release from scratch for bittorrenting duty and it wouldn't detect my burners, dvd or cdrw.

After a while pulling hairs tried uninstalling & reinstalling on several different systems with several different versions of the software (3.9D, E, & F). It detects the reader part of the devices but not the recording part.

These are all Windows platform boxes XP Pro SP1, 2 & 3. Yeah SP3! Boxes are AMD Athlon classic with updated everything from drivers to wup, & software. AMD Athlon XP3200, Sony & Plextor optical drives, latest bios & firmware. Same goes for the Intel CUSL2 cB0 box...

The dual boot machine not surprisingly (Is why i never put her down) running win98se with all the trimmings works fine btw. Same box sporting MS WXP Pro SP1 is a no go... go figure

Googled some & seems I'm not alone but to be honest there were no standard solutions... just a lot of voodoo crap plus the usual "format ur drive & reinstall windows type advice" yeah right... hehe.
One guy even claimed walking around the chair next to ur desk 3 times would fix it. dunno didn't try. Getting back to my pc's they're all updated yada yada yaya and of course yes ASPI layer is in order as well.

Tried dumping aspi then reinstalling several different versions including forceASPI17, Adaptec's, Nero's, blah, bla blah.
Using several different aspi check tools it's reported installed & working properly. Installing and then a hard reboot of Windows System (adaptec) ASPI, Nero's, even GoldenHawks version of ASPI layer doesn't make a bit of difference. Supposedly the across da board cure all fix for undetected drives.
Kinda obsessed now. I'm just trying to get it (cdrwin) to detect the burners. When if i do, gonna uninstall da biatch for giving me so much of a headache. But i want it to detect recording drives first! Thank you very much.

When I first attempted install of cdrwin it was in demo mode (1X) so that rules out imo the illegal use of unlock check key code issues right off...
If anyone has any ideas i could try i would really appreciate it?
Thanks jiz

EDIT:
Thanks GP Problem resolved now!
Thank you very much ...
yuo guys @B1 are wicked smart!

Solution: Updated to version 4.0c - unicode XP Only
("(")_)0

Last edited by lickablepig : 22nd Mar 06 at 06:32 AM. Reason: Resolved