BetaONE will rise again!

Old 17th Aug 02, 10:05 AM

B_2
Hi

Going to set up a website for work so could anyone recommend any good books / web site tutorials to help me out..
Old 18th Aug 02, 10:58 PM

Chris
It depends on how you are going to go about setting it up, what language you are going to be using, i.e: HTML, PHP??????

If its going to be a straight forward HTML site & you are in the UK, the best book I have found for HTML is the Visual Quickstart Guide by Elizabeth Castro.
If you are a bit more advanced and know a little PHP then they also do a Visual Quickstart Guide to PHP as well.

These books are around the £15.00 mark each but are a great source to learn from. I have found them both to be very good & helpful.

Hope this is of some help to you.
Old 7th Mar 03, 03:56 PM

bmw528ia97
Send a message via MSN to bmw528ia97
Html is the begginers way to learn and I would highly recomend using Front Page, then move onto Dreamweaver once you get a little more advanced.

If you want a site done for you, there are many out already like www.xoops.org www.postnuke.com

Those are CMS systems (Content management). They all use dynamic php and mysql. They are very good for begginers but I would stray away from them once you get a little more advanced.

If you want to host the site yourself, that is a whole other issue and is very complicated for begginers. I would recommend just paying a company 5 bucks a month for hosting or post on here, im sure some people on betaone have virtual hosting and could host you for even cheaper and help you as you go along.

If you want to do a cms system, make sure the host offers php and mysql support.