BetaONE will rise again!

Old 7th Nov 04, 04:50 PM

KingCobra is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to KingCobra
Ground Zero Suicide Inspired by Election
1 hour, 47 minutes ago

NEW YORK - A 25-year-old man from Georgia who was apparently distraught over President Bush's re-election shot and killed himself at ground zero. Andrew Veal's body was found Saturday morning inside the off-limits site, said Steve Coleman, a spokesman for the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20041107/ap_on_re_us/ground_zero_suicide&cid=519&ncid=716
Old 7th Nov 04, 10:32 PM

Nemesis
Sad...but 4 years is not that long of a wait...
Old 8th Nov 04, 07:40 AM

DopeWeasel can only hope to improve
Sad, now George Bush has yet another dead soul on his sleeve.

Where are all the true protests of this war? Did everyone that lived in the Viet Nam era get sucked up by the corporate culture and get spat back out as the pigs they were lashing out against?
Old 8th Nov 04, 05:22 PM
Administrator

Firefox has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by DopeWeasel
Sad, now George Bush has yet another dead soul on his sleeve.
Well I almost posted yesterday but held my tongue ( or fingers) I bet the Lunar eclipse that we had about 2 weeks ago was also George W Bush fault also. Or someone will blame that on him as well. Also that butterfly fart on Easter Island, the last Ice age, the lower smog amounts in L.A. and more clean air days. etc, etc.

What a Death of Common sense we have had in America. With no note from this guy His Mom and friends uses the suicide for Political purposes, That is Truly Sad. Also that the Media will sensationalize just to sell more papers. it shows how low the elite liberal media will stoop.

Same story differnt Headline, More background info "PA investigating Ground Zero suicide"
http://www.newsday.com/news/local/ne...news-headlines

If he was engaged to be married why was he soo hopeless as to Kill himself, perhaps a truer reason is that his Fiancee, dumped, broke it off, was caught in bed etc, etc, etc.

But to shoot yourself in the head and not leave a video or note as to the reason, and then to have others pin it on hopelessness because George Bush was re-elected, is a faulty as the Motive.

Wow we have really lost our abilitly to think critically, we belive everything that comes down the pipe. I guess that it is part of a Flow chart problem solving society.
Old 8th Nov 04, 05:48 PM

unicorn is on a distinguished road
Firefox is partly right here. This has nothing to do with politics. It even isn't any headline news but media that has a never ending interest in selling papers and commercial time. What is it then? A poor citizen with a psychiatric diagnose committing a desperate act.
This is tragic but it doesn't differ from what that happens all over the world, every day and even in countries where the liberals won the election the day before.

And I also think that we here at B1 should try to climb above the common level of ignorance. Some critical indepedent thinking is not a bad thing. In that way Firefox also fails. Claiming something about the bad elite liberal media isn't that clever. The eager for money dictates what shit the papers prints. Spells "capitalism". And has just as little to do with to what wing the paper/TV station or whatever confesses as the reason for the suicide discussed. Sorry for the language. I'm trying to be smarter tahn I can handle in English... Try to understand the last sentence...

Then I'm totally convinced the Americans of today either are plain stupid *or* due to a very high state of anxiety just refuses to look at the world outside the borders. But that is another question.
Old 8th Nov 04, 09:46 PM
Administrator

JacKDynne will become famous soon enoughJacKDynne will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to JacKDynne
Actually, uni, it is not capitalism that drives what the papers sell but the inherent base emotions present in all of us. If nobody bought the paper after it ran that story you can bet your sweet sauerkraut that the story or others like it would not run again. It's the market that drives the capitalistic society

Quote:
Then I'm totally convinced the Americans of today either are plain stupid *or* due to a very high state of anxiety just refuses to look at the world outside the borders
I could also say that is a comment of the level of ignorance you profess to climb above but then I would be sharing my mother's grasp of the blatantly obvious, which has always gotten me into trouble inversely proportionate to the time it takes to draw that conclusion

/JD
Old 8th Nov 04, 10:19 PM

KingCobra is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to KingCobra
Glad to see this topic is so HOT
Old 8th Nov 04, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacKDynne
I could also say that is a comment of the level of ignorance you profess to climb above but then I would be sharing my mother's grasp of the blatantly obvious, which has always gotten me into trouble inversely proportionate to the time it takes to draw that conclusion

/JD
You are sure right about that, I might use the world capitalism pretty loosely. I'm also sure it fels better for you to use the word market.

I can also see you are trying the simple trick of outsmarting me by beeing a virtuose in English, That's clever, maybe. What that would be clever for sure is this: Explain to me, what you really mean, and then after that tell me what make the americans act so f*cking stupid without beeing so.
Old 8th Nov 04, 11:56 PM
Administrator

DoG will become famous soon enoughDoG will become famous soon enough
Send a message via ICQ to DoG Send a message via MSN to DoG Send a message via Yahoo to DoG
Glad this topic is in here where *ALMOST* anything goes

Old 9th Nov 04, 12:32 AM

Almost? I thought we were unleashed?