BetaONE will rise again!

Old 20th Dec 01, 02:42 AM
BetaONE Supporter

khauyeung is an unknown quantity at this point
Hot-Temptation

Well, warm-up time is over, we soon shall be going to taste the Hot Stuffs (N-in-1). To free some hard-drive space, let us delete the E:CORP2IN1.ISO which was generated in the previous stage, we shall generate a even tasteful one.

We need to use some more materials in this Hot-Temptation stage: The untouched Windows XP Home Edition (contained in my 6in1 CD under WXH_OEM_EN) and the 8 Corporate Files for Home Edition (setupreg.hiv, setupp.ini, pidgen.dll, dpcdll.dl_, oembios.ca_, oembios.da_, oembios.bi_ and oembios.si_) which are all in the i386 folder under our sourceroot (E:CORP2IN1_ENi386). The aim of our Hot-Temptation stage is to add one more OS (Corporated XP Home Edition) on the Top of the previous DevilsOwn (Corporated XP Professional) and use CDIMAGE with the -o option to generate our first 2in1 ISO CD-Image.

1. Extract or copy all files from your source of untouched Home Edition to a sub-directory under the sourceroot of the HD (E:CORP2IN1_ENWXHVOL_EN)
2. Copy the file WIN511C from root of Home Edition to sourceroot (Copy E:CORP2IN1_ENWXHVOL_ENWIN511C E:CORP2IN1_EN)
3. Copy the 8 Corporate Files from the i386 folder of DevilsOwn (E:CORP2IN1_ENi386) to the i386 folder of Home Edition (E:CORP2IN1_ENWXHVOL_ENi386), over-write existing files.
4. In DOS Window, Enter the following command to play the optimization magics (-o option):

cdimage -lCORP2IN1_EN -t08/23/2001,12:00:00 -bE:CORP2IN1_ENBOOT.BIN -h -n -m -o E:CORP2IN1_EN E:CORP2IN1.ISO

In about 4 minutes, CDIMAGE will generate our first real 2in1 ISO CORP2IN1.ISO in the root directory of the E: drive. The new generated CORP2IN1.ISO is about 545 MB in size when it is compared with the total size of 1 GB under the sourceroot E:CORP2IN1_EN, and this is the result of the optimization magics.

Now try playing the ISO with daemol tools or alike, what do you feel? Is it hot enough? If not, what stuffs should be added to make it more spicy?

Think about it while I am now taking a break to sleep (and work tomorrow). Post your thinking, questions, idea and suggestion!

More new contents will be coming. Stay tuned...

new content is now in [12-20-2001] (Part 5), Check it out!

Last edited by khauyeung at Jul 20 2002, 10:10 AM
Old 20th Dec 01, 04:48 AM
BetaONE Supporter

BigHead50 is an unknown quantity at this point
I have learned More and Understand more about the complicated Art of this CD programing in this thread, than I have in the last 6-8 months of serching around the net to try and teach myself how to do some of this....

Very interesting reading, one of the best threads I have ever stumbled on..
Thanks for this Valuable Info..
I am waiting for more, as I know others are...
SeeYa
Old 20th Dec 01, 08:14 AM

g-string
Terrific thread, highly informative. Thanks for sharing your knowledge with us, khauyeung.

g-string.
Old 20th Dec 01, 10:02 AM

the_chiller
thanks khauyeung ... but what about that second edition of the 6-in-1 iso you were considering??? Just letting you know you have all my support on that if you decide to do it...
Old 20th Dec 01, 04:17 PM

hamslammer
I also want to thank you for this great tutorial. I have to admit to being a little lost, but I will eventually catch up. Thanks again and keep up the fantastic work.

Old 20th Dec 01, 08:11 PM
VoiX

HEY khauyeung

I have a great idea....

there's lots of different language Windows XP's on the Warez market....

AND microsoft yet haven't released the MULTI LANGUAGE PACK....

SO it would be "easy" to try to do it ourselves, right before Microsoft....

I have the english and the spanish versions of XP ....

As soon as I find the portuguese/brazilian I WILL definitely do a multi language pack with the 3 languages

Someone else could try to do swedish/danish and german, etc....

How difficult it would be khauyeung???

Lets get ahead of the Microsoft

LETS DO A MULTI LANGUAGE PACK AND RELEASE IT BEFORE MICROSOFT

vive la revolucion!!!!!
Old 20th Dec 01, 08:34 PM

Shiromagius
Send a message via ICQ to Shiromagius
hehehe, although I love the idea of a multi-pack... I dont think it is wise to release it before micro$oft. I dunno, i can just smell trouble on it. But it would be awesome to create the multi-pack
Old 20th Dec 01, 10:03 PM

da Wizard
By releasing a Multi-Pack we'd show M$ a thing or 2...You never know...they might even make us an offer,lol

Good Luck Voix and big thanks to khauyeung for the tutorial!
Old 20th Dec 01, 10:40 PM
mrbabyqc

Thank a lot khauyeung,
Very informative posts. I found cdimage a few time ago but all available info was in chenese !

Nice time to all of you ,
Old 20th Dec 01, 10:57 PM

craftyc
khauyeung, I have one question for you. Your 6 in 1 is bootable. When you boot up from the CD then you are given a menu to choose from the different versions of XP. Could you teach us how to make a boot menu?

By the way, love the topic!