BetaONE will rise again!

Old 19th Nov 01, 02:15 PM

Megaduce is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to Megaduce Send a message via MSN to Megaduce Send a message via Yahoo to Megaduce
Hey crow when can I get access Dude I have some stuff that I to upload to U if you dont mind. [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img]

[img:d522603f79]http://www.warezgallery.d2g.com/[/img:d522603f79]
Old 19th Nov 01, 02:36 PM
eh!!

Cyberion is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Cyberion Send a message via Yahoo to Cyberion
You can be rest assured that if we founded a server on a major TR-1 network. That we could all feed her. However, since most of us do not have broadband, meaning dedicated T1 - OC-XX, we would have to find different means to distro them.

One way, St. Louis, and NYC are major TR-1 hubs. If somehow we got access to one of their networks, have a server on their we would be able to have a mini server, that contained a few rare esstentials.

There are many more OC-3 carriers for us to get hosting on. The problem is thus... how do we convince network ops to use their network servers to trade on?

Any ideas on this on?

Sincerely,
Cyberion
Old 19th Nov 01, 10:07 PM

Crowdirt
Hi Megaduce, did your IP# change again? If it has, PM me the new one and I will update. There are some new things on the Server also. I keep checking it to make sure its available on the net. Been working well, sometimes its quiet and fast when nobody is using it.
Old 24th Nov 01, 12:00 AM

poolman is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to poolman
Hey guys count me in. I can USUALLY leave it on 24/7 but I do like my games!(Alien vs Predator 2 and Wolfenstein) But it should'nt be a prob, cause we won't have people HAMMERING and just plain SITTING THERE(btw, those are the one's I boot)Pm me if your interested and we can work this out!
Old 25th Nov 01, 02:16 AM

Crowdirt
Hi poolman, most of the folks that are interested in this are also connected to the "Crow's Nest". I would like to see some sort of FTP Sysop "Net" in place that works well too. Will take some time.

Folks need to be able to run an FTP Site well, and have a good idea what its all about. I have had some great "Laughs" from folks trying to run an FTP site and they do not even know the difference between Routable and NonRoutable IP$s. Running a "Server" is very different from a Workstation also. I mentioned before that you basically need at least 2 computers to do this kind of thing and run some proper "Server" software. Otherwise you are looking at endless problems with Stability.
Old 26th Nov 01, 03:25 PM

modD
Send a message via ICQ to modD Send a message via MSN to modD
i've got my new hd, and i'm currently filling it with stuffs. and i've opened an ftp ring acc to start this (hopefully hehe)

PM me for details...

crowdirt & megaduce, you've got PM [img]smile.gif[/img]

i still have a lot of things to do after a new installation so it might not always be up

[ November 26, 2001: Last edited by modD ]</p>
Old 26th Nov 01, 03:52 PM

Rockbastard
Sounds a bit like that Hotline network which looks pretty lame (=innocent) on the surface but allows for invisible servers that you can still connect to, providing you know their name and have a username/password.

If you did it that way, you would already have established the framework, and you could just add the users one by one which you would have to anyway if you ban all and then add single IPs at a time.
Old 26th Nov 01, 05:25 PM

Crowdirt
Hi folks, when you use "username/password" the Password has to be kept "Secret" if you expect to have any Security. Also some folks like to "Hammer" on password control to see if they can break it.

Using IP#'s means that only "That" machine can access a site. The number does not have to be kept "Secret", and folks know there is no point to "Hammer". "Always On" broadband service that folks have in place, to move lots of stuff, generally have no problems retaining a given IP# for a long period of time. [img]smile.gif[/img]

And you should change your "Password" from time to time anyway!!! [img]redface.gif[/img]
Old 26th Nov 01, 08:23 PM

poolman is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to poolman
Good point crowdirt! That's what I've started to do(user/Pass and IP #), it prevents ALOT of unneeded trouble!
Old 27th Nov 01, 01:04 AM

Crowdirt
Actually another way of looking at the IP# on Broadband is that its equivalent to a Telephone # or Cellphone #. If the person at the other end of the connection knows how to use system logs then they have the Equivalent of "Caller ID" on their computer. If you limit the # of connections but have a list of allowed callers then you have something like "Call Waiting" in place.

Seems things don't Really change all that much.