BetaONE will rise again!

Old 31st Jul 05, 06:30 AM
BetaONE Supporter

war59312 has disabled reputation
Send a message via ICQ to war59312 Send a message via AIM to war59312 Send a message via MSN to war59312 Send a message via Yahoo to war59312
Well tried non raid and same thing. So like WTF! First time ever had this problem. even remotely.
Counter started: April 2, 2003

Download: http://war59312.admuncher.com/download.shtml
Old 1st Aug 05, 12:25 AM
BetaONE Supporter

rikytik is an unknown quantity at this point
I tried to install Vista Beta 1 on a separate partition in a Toshiba Satelite 5100 and it failed to complete, so I decided to let it install on c:\ and it did fine. Seems to work fine, including the Ethernet port. But, no drivers there to recognize the dial up modem. But then, that's always been a proprietary Toshiba software driver.

So far it works fine, and I'm wondering what makes it more "fun" than XP.
Old 1st Aug 05, 12:55 AM
BetaONE Supporter

Just to let you know. I installed Firefox 1.06 on this Toshiba laptop Satelite 5100 and it works normally.
Old 1st Aug 05, 02:20 AM
BetaONE Supporter

The Media Player that came in Vista (10, I guess) wouldn't play a DVD movie. I installed PowerDVD 5 and it plays good.

I installed MS Office Pro 2003. Works fine.

I'm using Firefox to log in.
Old 1st Aug 05, 02:40 AM
BetaONE Supporter

war59312 has disabled reputation
Send a message via ICQ to war59312 Send a message via AIM to war59312 Send a message via MSN to war59312 Send a message via Yahoo to war59312
Well WTF no one else is having my problem.
Counter started: April 2, 2003

Download: http://war59312.admuncher.com/download.shtml
Old 1st Aug 05, 09:03 AM

TRYJAY is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to TRYJAY Send a message via AIM to TRYJAY Send a message via MSN to TRYJAY Send a message via Yahoo to TRYJAY
The problem I get is "No Install Disc Found".
Guess I need to get from msdn too!
Old 1st Aug 05, 11:47 AM

Brave01Heart is an unknown quantity at this point
Hi everyone

Well, I installed Vista BETA1 yesterday and as already stated in 'post screenshots' thread, my installation took ages and I can't understand why ... unless there was/is a problem with my hardware, but apart from my Creative Audigy LS driver (I used the 'compatibility mode') and my PCI Creative Modem (built-in driver), there seems to be no other hardware problems.

My spec is:

MSI 875P NEO FIS2R motherboard with v2.4 BIOS
Intel 3.20GHz P4 (with hyperthreading)
1GB PC3200 DDR400 RAM in Dual Channel Mode
Connect3D 256MB DDR RADEON 9200 Series AGP Card
(using built-in Microsoft driver)
Philips 17" LCD Monitor
Maxtor DiamondMax 10 250GB 7200 RPM ATA6 Hard Drive
Belkin PCI 54g Wireless LAN Card
LG DVDRW Drive
LG CDRW Drive
Logitech Wireless K/b and mouse

My installation should have been a lot faster that it was and my spec should allow me to run Vista without problems, but I may have some 'hidden' hardware problems with the graphics card but I have no problems in Device Manager.

My Creative Audigy LS driver would not install until I used the XP compatibility mode, so maybe there's a 'hidden' problem there also

Ok, apart from taking around 40 minutes to install, I also got a 'blue screen' a couple of hours after installing. The HALT message went something like, "a problem has been detected and windows has been shutdown to prevent damage to your computer". Also PFN_LIST_CORRUPT was shown below this HALT message. This is the second time I have had this message in the last 24 hours.

I also got the following technical information:

*** STOP: 0x0000004E (0x0000009A, 0x0003EA9A, 0x00000006, 0x00000002)

Collecting data for 'Crash Dump'.

It asks me to check my hardware/software is installed properly and all software updates have been obtained from the h/w and /s/w manufacturer's.

Q1: Can anyone assist by telling me what the above message means and where the problem lies? I.e. harware or software.

Q2: I was able to find the 'Minidump' in XP (in windows folder), but I am unable to locate it in Vista. Can something tell me exactly where to find it please?

Q3: I am unable to delete the contents of the "Prefetch Folder" because a message states that I do not have the necessary permission but in C/P and Administration Rights/Groups/Administrators, I am shown as having:

Administrators have complete and unrestricted access to the computer/domain

and underneath this, it shows "Me" as a member.

Does anyone know hwta else i need to check or do so that I can change. move or delete anyhting I want to?

Well I know I need an LDDM driver for my 9200 AGP card but at the moment, none is available for this series but the Microsoft driver seems to be doing ok but I may not be getting the best of the Vista display with the card and/or driver.

Regards

Brave01Heart

Last edited by Brave01Heart : 1st Aug 05 at 11:55 AM.
Old 2nd Aug 05, 12:54 AM

GygaMan is on a distinguished road
Vista slowdown after conecting to the internet.
Hi,

I hope I'm in the right section.

I have install Vista perfectly without any problems on my Dell 9200 Inspiron laptop. It works great and fast, no complains about it but ones I conect to the internet the whole thing slowdon. to open a window it takes almost 1 min. or longer.

I remember have reading that Microsoft would integrete some sort of feedback into the software and therefore I decided to install Peerguardian. I wash for the activity on peerguardian and there it was, it is allways sending info to Microsoft p2p or something like that. I can install it again if some one like to know the real name.

I'm not sure if is I or if I'm doing something wrong but it will be nice if some one has any idea on what is happening.

Cheers

GygaMan
Old 2nd Aug 05, 03:22 AM

tjp12100 is on a distinguished road
Frustrated...
Heh, I know this is a beta and all, however. I have a soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS I cannont find drivers for it, so I used the Xp ones. Worked fine for a little bit then all of a sudden every time my computer was supposed to make a sound it just spat out static. Another thing is for some reason it broke Aol Instant messanger. The program would run, however, it would never pop up it was just running in the background or something. I could uninstall it, but not reinstall it, untill i uninstalled my sound card driver. Really strange, just wondering if im the only one, or if there is another SBA2 driver out there... other then this I am really likeing Vista