BetaONE will rise again!

Old 7th Nov 01, 06:42 PM

Megaduce is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to Megaduce Send a message via MSN to Megaduce Send a message via Yahoo to Megaduce
Hey crowdirt have you added me as yet I PM you my IP I'll try again later Dude.

Knowledge------------is%%%%%%%%Power
Old 7th Nov 01, 10:36 PM

Crowdirt
Hi Megaduce, I have added you to the table (entry #6), you can try to connect but I expect it will fail at the moment. To "activate" your number I have to shutdown the FTP Service and Restart it. At the moment Hotrod is having a good time downloading Maya 4.0 Final (3 CD's). If I shutdown the service he will not be too happy. I will keep checking and if nobody is on, then I can restart the Service at that time. May take a day or so.

Poolman reports that he cannot get connected. I have some ideas, but was waiting for a bit to see how some of the other folks do.

Magrute, at the moment I have 6 members active and 2 on the hold list. You are #2. If someone has problems or drops out, I will start working through the Hold List. Some of the 6 are, or have been FTP Sysops, so if this scheme works, I expect it can be duplicated and other sites will be able to pick up some members. That's the plan at least.
Old 7th Nov 01, 11:27 PM

Megaduce is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to Megaduce Send a message via MSN to Megaduce Send a message via Yahoo to Megaduce
Hey thanks crowdirt I'll try to get on tomorrow but I think my IP will changed againg because I need to my PC restart so I'll PM you with the new IP thanks again Dude

Knowledge-----------is%%%%%%%%%POwer

[ November 08, 2001: Last edited by Megaduce ]</p>
Old 7th Nov 01, 11:58 PM

Crowdirt
Ok, I will keep checking. My ISP is quite decent, as long as I use the same NIC (MAC Address) I almost always get back the same IP #.

[ November 08, 2001: Last edited by crowdirt ]</p>
Old 7th Nov 01, 11:58 PM

HotRod is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to HotRod
Hey crowdirt
Thanks for letting me in on this. First off, do what you have to so others can get in on this. Can always resume. Second, about uploads, anything in paticular you want uploaded? and where to put? Looks like this could work well.

HotRod
Old 8th Nov 01, 12:14 AM

Crowdirt
Hi Hotrod, sounds like at least one Happy Camper [img]smile.gif[/img] Will see how it goes for while. Hope it doesn't break. A Broadband Link can do some things, just not everything. One site supports a few users WELL. If you want to do more folks it will be a case of duplicating lots of FTP Sites. My thinking is something like a "Pyramid" system. If you have enough "Rocks" you can build a "Pyramid". Where to put Stuff doen't really matter. I put a few empty folders there as a guide. Things can always be moved around, broken stuff cleaned up etc. The Server should not let you delete anything. Simply add more, I will do the cleanup as required. Anything Uploaded should be checked to make sure its not broken and will unpack correctly. No point in distributing broken stuff. Problems let me know.
Old 8th Nov 01, 12:25 AM

Crowdirt
Any feadback regarding speed/glitches/comments or issues would be great info. to pass along. I suspect folks are watching the experiment and want to know how it goes.

Old 8th Nov 01, 12:52 AM

WarezRocks is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to WarezRocks
I got on no prob with FlashFXP. 2 threads @ about 40-50kbs uploading Flight Sim 2002. Nothing I really need to d/l so please share the wealth and keep warez free.
Old 8th Nov 01, 12:58 AM

Crowdirt
Hey WarezRocks, thats good to know. I did not have any luck with FlashFXP myself. Will have to try again when I get a chance. FS 2K2 will probably make some of the others happy too. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Hi Megaduce, I got your new IP # and will update/activate it soon if there is a break in the Uploads/Downloads. IP's change, that's Life, mine may change too. If it does, I will post it here.

Old 8th Nov 01, 10:15 AM

NutCracker
Thanks Crowdirt, will check it out tonight....

NutCracker