BetaONE will rise again!

Old 18th Jul 02, 11:23 PM
BetaONE Supporter

Cactus is an unknown quantity at this point
Thanks khauyeung

I knew we could rely on you. U Tha MAN on xinones!!

Note: Anyone who has any experience on the great product is invited to post about it here at BetaONE

Cheers!
Old 19th Jul 02, 04:27 AM

HeSiCk
Nice on khauyeung! Can't wait to get ahold of this!
Old 19th Jul 02, 07:54 AM

fares
khauyeung

i have applied the reset 4.02 over the enterprise one 2 times and after that it wont log me in all it does that it bootup and then crach giving a blue screen error.i have it installed with xp on c and the net on d.what is the problem.and can i use the corp files to convert it to full version and how.i got this copy from cabinet net ,it is not there any more but is this one the one you are talking about.i have changed the name of the file,and it works finr,and i think the problem that it wont work from the cd because it is 699 mg while your cds are 650mg so it does not fit try to use 700 mg cd.thanks
Old 19th Jul 02, 12:59 PM
BetaONE Supporter

khauyeung is an unknown quantity at this point
fares, I have no problem in applying the RESET4-3660.exe onto my 3660 Standard Server which was installed from my new 3in1 CD. Installing .net on d: and keep xp on c: will not encounter a problem (my .net was installed on e. Please note that RESET4 should be run in SAFE Mode once you have completed the installation with a valid key (the 14 days CKY... Key). NO CORP-Files nor VLK should be used since M$ has changed the algorithm in validating product keys

Last edited by khauyeung at Jul 19 2002, 07:14 AM
Old 19th Jul 02, 08:22 PM

fares
may be they only tested it over theStandard Server .could it be
Old 20th Jul 02, 04:16 AM

fcchan
Hi khauyeung

Is there a different registry key for 3660 Enterprise Version to get rid of "For Testing Purpose" ?

I can only delete one key.

The other you mentioned is not there :
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\SystemCertif icates\ROOT\Certificates\2BD63D28D7BCD0E251195AEB5 19243C13142EBC3]
Old 20th Jul 02, 09:05 AM
BetaONE Supporter

Quote:
Originally posted by fcchan@Jul 19 2002, 10:16 PM
Hi khauyeung

Is there a different registry key for 3660 Enterprise Version to get rid of "For Testing Purpose" ?

I can only delete one key.

The other you mentioned is not there :
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\SystemCertif icates\ROOT\Certificates\2BD63D28D7BCD0E251195AEB5 19243C13142EBC3]
fcchan, you are correct. The second 2BD6... key does not exist in .net. The FEE4... key is the only one we need to remove from registry in order to get rid of those destop stuffs, and it works with my setupreg.hiv.

Last edited by khauyeung at Jul 20 2002, 03:08 AM
Old 20th Jul 02, 06:16 PM

spe11edy
Where can I find this great work?
Old 21st Jul 02, 11:54 AM

fcchan
Hi khauyeung

"For Testing Purpose" remains there after I delete key FEE4.

If I replace the setupreg.hiv in 3660 with your setupreg.ads (rename to setupreg.hiv) and then delete key FEE4, would it get rid of "For testing" text ?

If your setupreg.hiv is the latest version, would it be possible for you to e-mail to me ?
Old 21st Jul 02, 02:16 PM
BetaONE Supporter

Quote:
Originally posted by fcchan@Jul 21 2002, 05:54 AM
Hi khauyeung

"For Testing Purpose" remains there after I delete key FEE4.

If I replace the setupreg.hiv in 3660 with your setupreg.ads (rename to setupreg.hiv) and then delete key FEE4, would it get rid of "For testing" text ?

If your setupreg.hiv is the latest version, would it be possible for you to e-mail to me ?
The original setupreg.hiv coming with 3660 is one with a "360 days timebomb". If you did not have it replaced prior to your installation, the "For Testing Purpose" stuff will appear onto your desktop even though you have removed the FEE4 registry key afterwards.

To remove it:

1. Replace the setupreg.hiv in the i386 directory with the one of FULL Version. If you are using a N-in-1 CD, make sure the setupreg.hiv in the folder of "minimum file set" is replaced as well.

2. Install .NET 3660

3. Run RESET4-3660.exe in SAFE MODE

4. Remove the FEE4 registry key

5. Reboot

The above procedure has been verified to be working in Standard Server. I am assuming that it works equally well in Enterprise & Web Sever.

My latest Timebomb removed setupreg.hiv's (modified from Build 3628) can be located in my Home Page which can be reached by visiting the following URL:

/http://members.fortunecity.com/khay

Last edited by khauyeung at Jul 21 2002, 09:09 AM