BetaONE will rise again!

Old 18th Nov 01, 12:41 AM
BetaONE Supporter

BigHead50 is an unknown quantity at this point
I've owned and sold all differant brands of Hard drives, for 8-9 years now, and the ONLY drives I have had trouble with are fujitsu. They are LOW end junk, and only last a few hundred hours before trouble. The fastest, most low trouble drives for me have been the IBM deskstar drives. They are the fastest, most quiet drives I have used. Western Digital is almost identical, slightly slower, and noisier, but still a very good drive. Then come Maxtor, Quantum etc. Most of it is personal preferance, and what you use your puter for.
IBM, WD, and Maxter have ALL had a few bad drives get out, but ALL have been really good at Warranty and replacement, for me anyway, and that means alot to me.
If your running a REAL Server, then go for SCSI, 10,000 BRANDNAME drives and do it right, you can't afford to be down, but for "weekend warriors". and people that just game or "play around" with PCs, then IDE is fine and less money.
I have heard of people having some greef with the new 75 gig IBM drives, so you may not want one of these until they get this sorted out. I have just bought a 60 Gig IBM 7200 deskstar a couple of months ago and I LOVE this drive! It is NOTICEABLY faster than my previous 43 Gig IBM, and even Quieter.
Anyway, I hope some of this helps
SeeYa
[img]smile.gif[/img]