BetaONE will rise again!

Old 19th Aug 05, 11:23 PM

Dudelive is an unknown quantity at this point
The following might be of some help

Quote:
FAQ: The Computer displays a fan warning or switches off after a few seconds

Quote:
The BIOS of some mainboard manufacturers compares the speed of the fan with a specified value. If the fan speed does not match the specified value, either the PC emits a warning or switches off. Contrary to the temperature control, the RPM control is of no importance, since fan speeds will be between 500 and 7000 RPM depending on the type of fan. This RPM control can be deactivated in the BIOS settings. Please consult your mainboard manufacturer for more information regarding these settings. Instead activate the temperature warning. This protects your CPU also from other cooling problems than a failing fan.
In the case of the PC is not booting or immediately switching off, attach the plug of the cooler to the auxiliary power of the mainboard and attach a second fan with higher RPM to the primary power socket. Now the PC can boot allowing the RPM control to be deactivated in the BIOS settings. We recommend using a temperature control instead of a RPM control. The cooler does not need to be removed from the processor for this procedure.

Thanks
Dudelive

Last edited by Dudelive : 19th Aug 05 at 11:33 PM.
Old 20th Aug 05, 12:46 PM

SIRCOOKS is an unknown quantity at this point
now i have the computer on, come to find out, that heat sink i bought runs slower than the boxed p4 heatsink that came with the cpu, so the processor was overheating badly, besides that now i have the problem of not being able to finish booting, i have no new hardware installed, but the comp turns to a blue screen that tellls me windows has been shut down due to an error....im now thinking i have to reformat my drive....is that so acfter installing a new processor, or what else can be causing this problem. one other thing, i got the comp to boot after i had pulled out all of my pci cards?...strange
Old 20th Aug 05, 10:28 PM
BetaONE Supporter

BigHead50 is an unknown quantity at this point
hello SIRCOOKS

I believe, from what has been said here, is that your power supply could be weak, and the system does not have enough power to run properly...

I would check the output of the PS to start with, Before reinstalling or anything else...

Good luck

BigHead50
Old 21st Aug 05, 03:26 AM

Read what I posted above which came from the web site that sells that cooler.

Thanks
Dudelive
Old 21st Aug 05, 05:15 PM

SIRCOOKS is an unknown quantity at this point
dudelive from what i see with that page you sent me, it seems to me as f the heatsink i bought is much slower than the heatsink that came with the cpu....is that what your trying to tell me as well
Old 21st Aug 05, 09:40 PM

That is possible......read it all again and it says to replace the fan only with a higher speed fan and then go into bios and make some changes there.

Thanks
Dudelive