BetaONE will rise again!

Old 23rd Aug 02, 10:16 PM

BaBa420
thanks a million! Keep on rockin'

PEACE
BaBa
Old 28th Aug 02, 06:28 AM

BaBa420
I am having problems with slipstreaming my Publisher CD! Everytime...I get this message about me not having the right to do an administrative deal...(Note: Only during the "Start>Run>SETUP.EXE /a" part) What version do I need?

Last edited by BaBa420 at Today at 5:30 am
Old 28th Aug 02, 11:28 AM
BetaONE Supporter

MinnesotaKid is an unknown quantity at this point
I don't know what other people will tell you, but this is what I did, BaBa420. I copied/pasted all the contents of my publisher cd onto my c drive (c:\publisher). Them I went to step 4 and extracted the file oxpsp2a.exe to c:\publisher

Of course I then used this for step 5:
Start>Run>msiexec /p c:\publisher\MAINSP2ff.msp /a c:\publisher\pub.msi SHORTFILENAMES=TRUE /qb /L* c:\publisher\sp1Log.log

Tutorial is pretty clear as to the last steps involved. Like I said, this is what worked for me. I had to use this method for office cd 1 as well, because my office xp sp1 cd wouldn't let me do step 1 the way I was instructed to. Others on here may have a better way to resolve your problem. Just my $.02

Last edited by MinnesotaKid at Today at 4:28 am
Old 31st Aug 02, 01:20 AM

daMANiack is an unknown quantity at this point
Hi,

Or you can use this OfficeXP Slipstream tool.

I used and it works great, but it's link to SP2 AdminPack is wrong, still shows for SP1.

CHeerz
Old 4th Sep 02, 01:26 PM

The CarNagE Man
Great tutorial was looking for it m8!!!
The one @ officexp.nu is to hard for me to understand.
Old 5th Sep 02, 06:49 AM

BaBa420
MinnesotaKid....THank you very much! =) Keep on rockin' .....SwEEt!

PEACE
BaBa
Old 19th Sep 02, 02:42 PM

xplorer
Quote:
Originally posted by pcservicetech@Aug 23 2002, 09:10 PM
Yes I used the original Corp CD intead of updateing the slipstreamed sp1 that should work however, I opted just start over fresh since sp2 has all the previous updates included.
Is it safe to skip SP1 when slipstreaming the original Office XP with SP2?
Why is it that when one tries to update Office XP to SP2 using the office update site, one is reminded to update the programs to SP1 first? Or am I too dumb to read the fine print?
Old 3rd Oct 02, 09:33 AM
Sanjay

Microsoft site says you need to have SP1 installed for SP2 so do we need to slipstream a Office XP SP1 CD first or can we just slipstream SP2 directly to the original Office XP CD? It seems from the above posts that you can do it, but the question is will the newly created CD have the SP1 updates also? I guess the simple question is, "Does SP2 include SP1, or not?". Going from what it says on the Microsoft site, it seems SP2 does not include SP1. To quote the Microsoft site "SP2 includes all changes since SP1" this seems to suggest that SP2 does not include SP1.

Wow that's a lot of questions asking the same very thing. lol Anyhow you know what I mean. So does anyone have a conclusive answer to this?
Old 3rd Oct 02, 10:45 PM
Sanjay

Based on my research and from my own experience of installing a slipstreamed Office XP SP2 I think the answer to my earlier question is, that SP2 includes SP1. I further confirmed this by running Office Updates from the Microsoft site which reported that there were no updates required by my installation of Office XP. Also upon checking what all updates my system already had, the Microsoft site reported that both SP1 and SP2 were already installed.
Old 20th Oct 02, 03:08 PM
Super Moderator

~*McoreD*~ is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Sanjay@Oct 4 2002, 05:45 AM
Based on my research and from my own experience of installing a slipstreamed Office XP SP2 I think the answer to my earlier question is, that SP2 includes SP1. I further confirmed this by running Office Updates from the Microsoft site which reported that there were no updates required by my installation of Office XP. Also upon checking what all updates my system already had, the Microsoft site reported that both SP1 and SP2 were already installed.
yep that's right. but i think this only for the 49MB Administrative Office XP SP2. NOT for the normal SP2. Wish I am right