BetaONE will rise again!

Old 7th Nov 04, 10:30 PM

Nemesis
Quote:
Originally Posted by sigmazeta314
DoG: the largest standing army in the world is not the US Army, but the Chinese Army and Bush is far from having his finger over any button that control's them. Now that we have Saddam out of the way and that AK-47 suckling, suicide bombing terrorist Arafat about to bite it, maybe we will be a bit closer to peace in the middle east.

Smaller government, fewer regulations, less trade restriction, tax cuts for everyone, growing economy, higher paying jobs, more money in my pocket and yours - hell yeah I voted for "W" and I stand firmly by that vote as the right choice... down with protectionist Kerry and the encouragable left wing.
Not only is China's army bigger, so is the North Korean Army (most of them being "Special Forces").

As for tax cuts:

I actually think that's a bad idea. How do you pay for all the things "W" (as well as Kerry) promised when you give tax cuts? I think a flat tax and making tax shelters illegal would be the best and fairest way to go...but then again, I'm probably in the minority.
Old 8th Nov 04, 12:06 PM
Mega Mod

wase4711 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to wase4711 Send a message via MSN to wase4711
not really man, I know many peeps, including MYSELF, who favor a flat tax and making shelters illegal..
Is it right that you and I pay more income tax than the Chairman of the Board @ Micr0$oft??
Old 8th Nov 04, 05:26 PM

sigmazeta314
Send a message via ICQ to sigmazeta314 Send a message via AIM to sigmazeta314 Send a message via MSN to sigmazeta314 Send a message via Yahoo to sigmazeta314
Tax cuts often increase government revnue rather than decreasing them, and I am in favor of cutting programs and subsidies that eat up valuble budget capital. Of course I am not really expecting that the government will actually live up to promises of thriftiness and social program elimination, but I suppose the Republicans are going to do a better job then the dems. Back to the issue of tax cuts - a flat tax would be more fair, but if you think that Bill Gates is going to pay equal taxes, then you are simply kidding yourself. The reason that he pays less taxes is that he employs the same vehicles for tax free saving and investing as is available to the rest of us; but he has a bigger stake in investment and a higher disposable income that he needs shelter from.

For example, lets just assume some numbers: His salary income is $5,000,000 and the remainder of his net worth is in M$ equity holdings of which he just paid himself a huge dividend amounting to $2 billion and the other 45 Billion is in common stock (of which there has been no gain in share price). Since there has been no gain in stock value, he won't pay any capital gains tax. Since the new dividend tax repeal, he won't pay anything for the $2,000,000,000 that he will likely reinvest in something that keeps him from paying taxes. And of the 5,000,000 slary, his deductable expenses amount to 3,000,000 - leaving 2,000,000 of taxable adjusted gross income of which he is smart enough to invest $1,000,000 in a tax free IRA, Trust fund or other reirement/estate planning fund that will defer taxes until the funds are removed. This leaves $1,000,000 that is subject to the 35% tax rate for his income bracket. So, he pays $350,000.00 in taxes which is really only about 7% of his adjusted gross income. Fair and square, he paid this amount which is certainly more than you likely even made - and assuredly more than you paid, in fact it is likely that you could increase your tax burden by a factor of 20 and still be under what he paid. Here's the reason - disposable income.

If you make $50,000 and you only have deductions amounting to $10,000 then your adjusted gross income is $40,000 but of that you can't afford to put the money away for savings, instead you have to spend it to live on so you in turn pay taxes on that same sum - $40,000 at the 29% bracket = $11,600.

I realize the disparity here that you who can't afford to save has to pay a larger percentage, but that does not count the pther factors, like that Bill paid sales tax on the stuff he bought for 3,000,000 (@8%) = 240,000... and this doesn't even count the fact that his investments in the stock market/mutual finds are putting money into american's pockets in the form of corporate profits that are taxed, increases in the stock market that help everyone. Lets also consider the firm which he employs to invest the money that take a percentge for themselves in order to pay employees and keep running (at a profit) which is taxable also. So if you totaled it up, his tax relief comes at a huge profit for the government and the conomy as the trickle down effect shows - that seems a bit more fair now for him to pay less.

More on tax cuts making more reveue later. For a preview, look up Reaganomics.
Old 8th Nov 04, 10:06 PM
BetaONE Supporter

war59312 has disabled reputation
Send a message via ICQ to war59312 Send a message via AIM to war59312 Send a message via MSN to war59312 Send a message via Yahoo to war59312
Well about the whole biggest army thing. Size does not matter.

The USA has the best armed forces in the world and everyone knows it. It's going to take a shit load more then making two "little" buildings fall to change that.

We could, and can, and would, win a nuclear war. Forget that whole no nuclear war theory bull shit. Um, maybe bush is just that crazy. lol Or is it just me? ha-ha

Anyways we have plenty of power, if we wanted to, to take out the entire planet at least 500 times. WOW so do some other countries. A few times anyways. But we have Star Wars and the aliens are our friends. so kiss our asses China, etc. ha-ha lol

No but in all seriousness, everyone knows the USA can taken on and will overcome any enemy. Alien or not. Even if the entire planet teamed up against us. Which of course will never happen since we are so nice to everyone. Well we might have a problem if God gets pissed off. lol Or at least, I don't know, a few hundred trillion aliens with super powers attack us. ha-ha
Counter started: April 2, 2003

Download: http://war59312.admuncher.com/download.shtml

Last edited by war59312 : 8th Nov 04 at 10:11 PM.
Old 9th Nov 04, 04:39 AM

sigmazeta314
Send a message via ICQ to sigmazeta314 Send a message via AIM to sigmazeta314 Send a message via MSN to sigmazeta314 Send a message via Yahoo to sigmazeta314
War59321: I think you are wrong. It is not the strongest army that will win it that which has the most resolve and those who have the manpower to back it up. China has the largest standing army in thw owrld and about 1/4 of the worlds population. They have nuclear power and enough people to breed any other occupying force out of existence.

Basically it works like this - we start a fight with china, it escalates to war, and by some ridiculous stretch of your imagination it goes nuclear and we start bombing them, not only would they try bombing back, but thier best friend russia would hit us too. Unfortunately, we have less than 1/4 the population of china so lets just say that it all ends and 75% of the populationof the US and china are dead...we would have 67 million people and the chinese would have 300 million - plenty enough to fend off any invaders but for the sake of argument lets say that 10% of our population occupied china and we called it west california. In about 3 generations, our 6.7 million people would have bred with their 300 milllion and we would have effectively given up those people to the enemy...soon enough they would have built up enough resources to fight back and claim the USA as theirs.

Thats how your scenario would go. If you want a history lesson look up the mongolian invasion of china. The mongols won but what happened? The chinese were too many for them and as the married and had kids and thier kids had kids and so on, the mongols were diluted by chinese culture and habit and it remains china to this day.

So, what happens if nuclear war is about to start and I can get out..im goin to argentina...forget any more speculation.
Old 9th Nov 04, 09:13 PM
BetaONE Supporter

war59312 has disabled reputation
Send a message via ICQ to war59312 Send a message via AIM to war59312 Send a message via MSN to war59312 Send a message via Yahoo to war59312
Well that won't happen. If it came that far something bad would happen way before then. I don't think China nor Russia would no longer exist. And yeah the USA would probably be a lot different, but still we would win in the end. Even if the USA was vaporized from the face of the Earth, it would not belong before "it" was reborn. It being the reason the USA was created in the first place.

I for one am a fir believe that the US has something up its sleeves that even Russia and China stands no chance against. I don't mean just some weapon like some super tiny nuclear bomb powerful enough to take out the entire planet but us. More like something that can vaporize the rest of the world in split secs. Then again most people probably think I am crazy when I say that God is our friend.

Also I do believe though one day the USA and every country for that matter will no longer exist. It will just be Earth one day. When we all finally realize its the only way we will survive in this big universe of ours. Be it because we just about destroy ourselves or because of some outside force.

You talk about resolve. Yea thats 100% US motto. Got to remember the USA is the only supper power left on the face of the earth. And as long as I am breathing it will remain the only.

It just seems that most non Americans think the USA just wants to rule the world. Of course that is not true. Yea maybe we are the best country that ever was in existence. I sure think so. But that does not mean we are evil. Yea we go to war, but I believe Bush and I know our country as a whole cares very much about the rest of the world and we try to do our best to made the entire planet a better place. Of course their our bad apples. Bush very well could be one. Anyways I just think the entire world as a whole just wants someone to blame for all the worlds troubles. Be it Bush, the USA government, etc. Well as long as the USA exists it will be blamed.

Besides China is no threat. Seeing as the next disease. 10x worse then AIDS will hit it soon enough.

Oh there you go biological war. Who would win that? USA!! Even if a mushroom cloud covered the entire planet.

But I am nor going to argue about it since its just a waste of time as it will get us no where. BYE BYE
Counter started: April 2, 2003

Download: http://war59312.admuncher.com/download.shtml

Last edited by war59312 : 9th Nov 04 at 09:22 PM.