BetaONE will rise again!

Old 1st Jun 03, 09:29 AM

Jessica is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by M31@May 29 2003, 02:34 PM
Has anyone come acoss a report that says weapons of mass destruction have been found in Iraq.

We were told before the war that such weapons could be deployed within 45 minutes. So where are they?
and i bet you were one of the ones saying "Give the UN more time to do inspections. MORE TIME...they need more time"..

Has it even been a month since the war ended? Why not give the CIA and other teams some "more time"?

They did find and confirm the mobile weapon labs, the same ones I believe Saddam wasn't supposed to have and ..probably denied having. Of course, its the CIA ....so once again...Lets give saddam the benefit of the doubt and not believe our guys....

About the "war for oil"
My attempt at spin: How about an "Anti-War for Oil" ... have you looked into France and Russias dealings w/ Saddam and the contracts they had for oil. Hmm... I wonder why they were so against the war...? Could it be because if Saddam lost power..they'd get no more oil?

About Lynch.
I wasn't there. Were you?

oh
just found this

Blair Says Iraq Weapons Secrets Will Be Publicized
hxxp://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A62949-2003May31.html
Old 1st Jun 03, 10:29 PM
BetaONE Supporter

M31 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Jessica@Jun 1 2003, 08:29 AM

and i bet you were one of the ones saying "Give the UN more time to do inspections. MORE TIME...they need more time"..

Wrong Jessica.

You are completely out of order for your judgemental comment based on what I wrote and the question I asked.

I would comment further but I see little point in wasting my time.
Old 2nd Jun 03, 01:27 PM
Administrator

BearCat will become famous soon enoughBearCat will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally posted by Jessica@Jun 1 2003, 09:29 AM

About the "war for oil"
My attempt at spin: How about an "Anti-War for Oil" ...

Blair Says Iraq Weapons Secrets Will Be Publicized
Hey Jessica

1 - Here is some other spinoffs, related to oil...
At the outbrake of the war, Venezuela, supplying USA with 12% of its oil usage,
had been in a deadlock for 3-4 months, not letting any oil out ( still is ).
Norway said no, we have our own oil....

2 - What else would you excpect a politican to say ?
"Sorry folks, we screewd up and did not find anything"

3 - Yes, they *may* find something if givven the time
( let's see how long time they will need, still looking for Bin Laden and Saddam... )
but as a reply to what M31 asked :
Quote:

Has anyone come acoss a report that says weapons of mass destruction have been found in Iraq.
I must say NO, not anything that have been officially verified.
I may be wrong, but then I guess someone can proove me to be <_<

----ooO-(_)-Ooo----
Oh, people can come up with statistics to prove anything. 14% of people know that.

Old 3rd Jun 03, 12:01 AM

Nemesis
My OPINION on the subject:

I think sooner or later, we WILL find the weapons...either planted or otherwise. If they are planted, I don't really care...we got rid of someone who should have been taken care of more than a decade ago. If and when we do find them (IMHO, Saddam DID and DOES have them) then that will hopefully prove to doubters and other countries that what we did was for the good of all. A Catch-22 if you will.

Did oil have something to do with it? You bet your @ss it did! Do I care? No. Who drives a "Sport Utility" vehicle? A Truck? 4x4? Do we need to drive one for our everyday business? Why do we need a sport utility vehicle (IF we live in the city)? Maybe if everyone drove smaller, more economical vehicles, oil would not be such a big issue. Sure, I like driving trucks...but only when I'm visiting my father-in-law when we go out and collect wood for the winter--when a truck is needed.

Did we lose good soldiers, men and women? Sure. But they knew the dangers and they obeyed the orders of the President of the United States and those appointed over them. I, for one, am proud of what they did.

Oh, and billybob3, that would be Operation IRAQI LIBERATION (for the proper terminology/way to write it).
Old 3rd Jun 03, 03:16 AM

billybob3
Send a message via AIM to billybob3 Send a message via MSN to billybob3
@Nemesis

LOL, I knew I had something messed up in that spelling....

As for coming out from under a rock, I didn't mean that going to War was a bad thing. I agreed 100% with removing Husein. I'm not an idiot, I know what he has been doing. But, I was just saying how people need to wake up, and stop protesting about how the politicians...lied, when they said the war was about weapons of mass destruction; everyone knows it was for the OIL, and for getting rid of Saddam Husein.
Old 3rd Jun 03, 04:52 AM
Banned

Full
Poor Saddam, in all the fighting people have forgotten his needs...
Old 3rd Jun 03, 09:47 AM

redkitty
Pathetic. Just pathetic.

So it's perfectly all right that in a supposedly democratic country our leaders lied to the public to get us into a war. And lied to the soldiers they sent into harms way. Fine. At least we got rid of that bastard Saddam, even though in the process we destroyed thousands of innocent people, turned most of the world against us, spent billions and corrupted our own government. Seems to me like a steep price when there was absolutely no imminent threat to us, but hey, no problem, at least it kept Shrub's poll ratings up. Oh, yeah and we got rid of Saddam, don't forget that!

Just one thing I want to know. Where were you guys when Reagan and Bush Sr. were supporting and arming that thug in the first place? Oh, right. You were supporting Reagan and Bush.

Like I said, pathetic. What will it take for some of you to wake up?

And by the way.... I told you so.

We now return to our regularly scheduled show, "Computer Talk". But first a message from our sponsors....
Old 3rd Jun 03, 09:51 AM

Stringent is an unknown quantity at this point
To top it off his two daughters have asked asylum here in the UK. I hope the answer is a quick and easy 'No' ...
Old 3rd Jun 03, 10:35 AM
Administrator

BearCat will become famous soon enoughBearCat will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally posted by Flanderz@Jun 3 2003, 09:51 AM
I hope the answer is a quick and easy 'No' ...
Why ?
Did you choose your father ? <_<

----ooO-(_)-Ooo----
Oh, people can come up with statistics to prove anything. 14% of people know that.

Old 3rd Jun 03, 03:36 PM
BetaONE Supporter

rikytik is an unknown quantity at this point
You have a way with words, Redkitty and I agree with you.

BetaONE members excepted, of course, it may be the the vast majority of world citizens are not well informed about world history, nor about current events in a depth necessary to figure out what's going on in the various administrations and lobby groups that assure the finances for continued power. There are some fundamental issues that ought to be the subject of public television lecture courses. Instead a lot of people go off half-cocked with emotional reactions to issues they only partially understand. I'm not convinced outfits like CNN do much of a service for the public, for example. I mostly listen to radio news from BBC, Radio Nederlands, Deutsche Welle, Radio Sweden, and a few others. CBC Radio (Canada) has an amazing amount of investigative reporting that seems to me to reveal a great deal more than what many news media broadcast.

We are hearing a wake up call, alright, Redkitty. Now, what's the next step?