BetaONE will rise again!

Old 22nd Jul 02, 08:05 AM

buildid
Send a message via AIM to buildid
ypu are in a wait or queue so there are people before you who are first on the list .thats why it take some time to download .

best thing to do or what i do is let it run it is an stable network and the quality of the programs are oke especcially big size files as movies or games this is the program to use and yes looking can mean nobody has it or nobody is online did you do a search for it and find it ?????
Old 22nd Jul 02, 05:21 PM

Leech
Send a message via ICQ to Leech
Quote:
Originally posted by buildid@Jul 22 2002, 02:05 AM
ypu are in a wait or queue so there are people before you who are first on the list .thats why it take some time to download .

best thing to do or what i do is let it run it is an stable network and the quality of the programs are oke especcially big size files as movies or games this is the program to use and yes looking can mean nobody has it or nobody is online did you do a search for it and find it ?????
I don't know if it found anythng or not - It would just say saying looking - With eveything I wanted.
Old 23rd Jul 02, 08:18 AM

buildid
oke i have now the same i want a movie " us marshals" it is an oldie :-) so it is hard to get meaning that sometimes i download for a couple of hours and when those guys or girls get ofline or whatever the donkey is searching .

so most of the time it is searching

for you try this go to search and search again after complete a new button will show up EXTENDED search click on it and then push enter and hold it down, it would now look at all the servers on your serverfile which you have ( i believe named: server.met) look at availibility how many people has it and get the one with the most users .

i work that way and it works for me , sometimes i closed edonkey and start it up it will give me a better connection especccially when my loads are "dead" .
Old 23rd Jul 02, 08:24 AM

buildid
for those firewall prblems :

Software Firewall
If you are running software like Norton Personal Firewall, Tiny Firewall, Zone Alarm, BlackIce or any other personal firewall software, you may need to set it up to allow eDonkey to function correctly. In order to function fully and receive a High ID, your firewall needs to allow eDonkey to run as a server. Allowing communications to be started from other clients to your machine. You may need to consult the documentation that came with the firewall to perform this step. Alternatively, with some more advanced firewalls, or firewall settings you will need to open ports 4661 and 4662 TCP for both incoming and out going connections, as well as port 4665 UDP for both incoming and outgoing connections.
Old 26th Jul 02, 12:14 AM

Leech
Send a message via ICQ to Leech
Quote:
Originally posted by buildid@Jul 23 2002, 02:24 AM
for those firewall prblems :

Software Firewall
If you are running software like Norton Personal Firewall, Tiny Firewall, Zone Alarm, BlackIce or any other personal firewall software, you may need to set it up to allow eDonkey to function correctly. In order to function fully and receive a High ID, your firewall needs to allow eDonkey to run as a server. Allowing communications to be started from other clients to your machine. You may need to consult the documentation that came with the firewall to perform this step. Alternatively, with some more advanced firewalls, or firewall settings you will need to open ports 4661 and 4662 TCP for both incoming and out going connections, as well as port 4665 UDP for both incoming and outgoing connections.
I could'nt figure this one out so I disabled my firewall and got the same thing as before - So in a nut shell when I was thinking that edonkey sux I was right LOL
Old 28th Jul 02, 11:59 AM

buildid
m8 have done it and it works for him