BetaONE will rise again!

Old 27th Dec 01, 06:31 PM

Aquarian11
Thank you for the insight. I really appreciated it. This really helped me better understand how the process is done. Thank you again.
Old 27th Dec 01, 07:52 PM
BetaONE Supporter

VP is an unknown quantity at this point
Removed post.
Old 28th Dec 01, 05:36 AM

mciwd
[b:2fdae8c251]pcservicetech[/b:2fdae8c251] Tried your 2n1 #2 seems to have worked perfectly. Thanks for your help
Old 28th Dec 01, 07:15 AM

Megaduce is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to Megaduce Send a message via MSN to Megaduce Send a message via Yahoo to Megaduce
Hey I just had to say thanx again to khauyeung I experiment'd with my Win2K 3 IN 1 used autoplay menu and design a nice little menu and everything went ok
Old 28th Dec 01, 07:27 PM
tranvanhai

Thanks pcservicetech.
can i have le password.
tranala@noos.fr
Old 28th Dec 01, 09:32 PM

FreeUS
[b:23c8a03670]khauyeung[/b:23c8a03670] Thank you VERY MUCH for your post!
I really appreciate your post!. Thanks again!
Old 29th Dec 01, 05:40 PM
BetaONE Supporter

khauyeung is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:

mciwd wrote on December 29th, 2001 12:13 PM:
I want to make a  3 in 1 Windows 2000 CD and the only thing I don't know now is where to find the group of min. files needed for startup for each as in your wpro folder for XP. Where can I find this info?

Please help if you can, Thanks!
You can obtain the min. files set by starting an install with normal Win2K CD, when it finishes copying the minimum set of files into the $win_nt$.~bt folder of your boot-drive and starts the first reboot, you interrupt and stop the installation. The $win_nt$.~bt folder now contains the minimum set of files, but you have to delete the winnt.sif because it points to the i386 directory of a normal CD which is not applicable to our multi-bootable N-in-1 CD case.

You can apply this method to Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows .Net and the Non-English versions of the same which may have different locals and the additional BOOTFONT.BIN.

Last edited by khauyeung at Jul 20 2002, 10:44 AM
Old 29th Dec 01, 06:51 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Megaduce Send a message via MSN to Megaduce Send a message via Yahoo to Megaduce
Thanx khauyeung for the info I've a question how can I create a boot cd with a menu option so that when it boots it give's Dos menu asking you to make a selection of installing a clean copy or to upgrade selecting a clean install would point Winnt and selection upgrade would point to Winnt32 and applying it to the 3inCD I'm working with my 3in1 win2k copy
Old 29th Dec 01, 07:21 PM
BetaONE Supporter

khauyeung is an unknown quantity at this point
Magaduce, due to the fact that M$'s UPGRADE routine (from a CD) will search the default i386 folder of your CD, it cannot be applicable to our N-in-1 CD since all of our source directories (i386) have been moved down one level or have been redirected. If you really need to perform an upgrade, you do not do it directly from your N-in-1 CD but you copy the corresponding i386 folder to your hard-drive (or network) and upgrade from there with Advanced Options which then allow you to select the source directory and copy all source file to your hard-drive first.

The diskemu.cmd basically is for a Menu selecting different Boot Images to be load and boot from your CD. It is not designed to run complicated commands unless you include different commands in different images.

Last edited by khauyeung at Jul 20 2002, 10:45 AM
Old 29th Dec 01, 08:01 PM

thanx dude that answered my question I think I'm going to give it a try and include different commands in different images I konw it is going to take some time so I'm going to wait untill I have some spear time thanx again dude