BetaONE will rise again!

Old 14th Apr 07, 03:45 PM

SIRCOOKS is an unknown quantity at this point
Boot Up Problem?????
Ive done this reformat cfrom boot thing a million times, and i dont know whats confounding me now.

Im sure everything is hooked up right on this asus prp800 se mobo, its a new pow. sup., and even a different hd....in the bios i have set the first boot device to the cd rom drive, but everytime i boot i get a black screen with white writing that says "reboot and select proper boot deivce, or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key".

I have ejected the disc, and reinserted it to no avail, i have rebooted and nothing is happening....any comments would help..holla back

Also, ive seen a friend of mine print a message on this message board in all caps, but i cannot remember how he was able to hit two keys on the keyboard and get the to be all lower case, doesd anyone knowm what im talking about here, cause it will save m,e some time instead of me, deleting what i just wrote and rewriting it back, in a smaller case....holla back
Old 14th Apr 07, 05:32 PM
Administrator

User Needs has disabled reputation
1st thing I'd try is disconnect and and then reconnect everything!
If you still have this problem. I'd next try disconnect everything then
reconnect only what you need. (HD, Mouse, keyboard, and CDrom)

Oh, what HD drive do you have selected?
Old 14th Apr 07, 06:18 PM
Administrator

DoG will become famous soon enoughDoG will become famous soon enough
Send a message via ICQ to DoG Send a message via MSN to DoG Send a message via Yahoo to DoG
The newer Asus MOBOs show the device name that you want to boot from- make sure the right CD rom is selected, if that doesnt work check the jumpers on the CD rom, it may need to be changed before BIOS will see it- try changing to Cable Select (CS). Does the CD rom work? swap another one in if you have one to try. Is it a RAID mobo? if it is ensure the Raid option is turned off (Providing you are not running a raid array). Holla Back