BetaONE will rise again!

Old 23rd Feb 07, 10:15 PM
Administrator

DoG will become famous soon enoughDoG will become famous soon enough
Send a message via ICQ to DoG Send a message via MSN to DoG Send a message via Yahoo to DoG
I havent found a flash drive over 512 that worked with ready boost yet, in fact afaik from what i remember it only works on 512 flash drives. Hope someone can prove me wrong but it hasn't helped me at all- its virtually useless

Old 24th Feb 07, 01:47 AM
eh!!

Cyberion is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Cyberion Send a message via Yahoo to Cyberion
Can one install a HD to RAM application on Vista.. does one exist?

I remember on my elder 1400c (still have it on my desk) that RAMDoubler could triple the memory space with little to no slow down, though if your running video recording programs, VirtualDub, etc then I'm sure you would need actual memory and not just the fake stuff.
Old 28th Feb 07, 08:50 AM

RadiationBoy
Send a message via AIM to RadiationBoy Send a message via MSN to RadiationBoy Send a message via Yahoo to RadiationBoy
welcome back thecrossmovement, i remember you being around although I'm not around much anymore either

i found this page on readyboost that was pretty interesting you might check it out http://blogs.msdn.com/tomarcher/arch...02/615199.aspx

I have yet to use vista but it seems like from the review you might consider putting xp on that rig. it would be a shame not to get the full potential out of your new computer. but again i haven't used vista yet so i dunno.

good luck
Old 28th Feb 07, 11:39 AM
Super Moderator

~*McoreD*~ is an unknown quantity at this point
TCM, *seriously* you would want to get at least 2 GiB RAM. While burning DVDs using Nero, it will suck up much of physical RAM and cause your OS to do excessive paging which slows your computer down. Vista really needs more than 1 GiB RAM. I am telling you this because I am running 1 GiB RAM and it is not adequate for having a few apps open. I am only talking about having iTunes, Windows Live Messenger, Firefox, Word and Outlook etc. open.