BetaONE will rise again!

Old 13th May 06, 03:05 AM
BetaONE Supporter

rikytik is an unknown quantity at this point
/Firewall Update
ysco recently pointed out a free firewall from http://www.comodogroup.com/

Really an intereting site. Anybody tried this out? I've installed it and am using the free virus scan as well as the firewall. I had a big issue with my HP printer, connected on the LAN, but this seems not unusual, based on a Google search.

Be nice if we could have an updated view of firewalls on BetaONE. My main machine is still Norton Internet Security 2005 and solid.

Mobile laptop is Norton 2004 and still solid.

#2 desktop on the LAN is my test machine and is was running Comodo, but now I'm trying other stuff.

Why I got into this is that my best buddy who lives in Paris has a buddy whose Visa identity was stolen and charged up 3,500 Euros of purchases on his card. Seems to be after he did an online purchase over AOL. This event renewed interest in Firewall qaualities, or lack thereof.

Any input?