BetaONE will rise again!

Old 27th Feb 06, 12:34 AM
Chopped Liver

tubebuoy is on a distinguished road
New (used) PC!
WooHoo!

Just over a week ago I was given a BIG BLUE cass, a SOYO mobo, a Turbolink 450W PSU, an S3 Graphics Savage 3D card, 256K ram, and a P4 2.2G cpu. I know this is kids stuff for most of you but it replaced my 1.1meg AMD "T-bird".

It took me 6 hours to figure out that you need to remove the M/SL/CS jumpers to get the freak to boot (I didn't get an owners manual with it).

Then I found out a day later I had a hardware conflict with the graphix card. When I left it alone for an hour or so and the monitor went into "hibernate" I would wiggle the moose to wake it up and all I saw were black & white bars!!!

So I call the geek that gave it to me (our company IT dweeb) and MADE him give me a new graphix card and another 512meg of ram (PC 2100?!?!?). Now we're talkin'! All the hardware bugs are gone. It didn't come with an HD but I had a 'junker' at work to play with and wanted to upgrade my old WD 40G anyway. So I slapped a spankin' new WD Caviar SE 250G ($70 at Best Buy NO REBATES!!) in it and, well...

I'm one happy assed foo!

}---