BetaONE will rise again!

Old 2nd Aug 05, 04:25 PM
Administrator

DoG will become famous soon enoughDoG will become famous soon enough
Send a message via ICQ to DoG Send a message via MSN to DoG Send a message via Yahoo to DoG
I installed Vista Beta1 late last week and only had 1 problem- it didn't like dual booting from the SATA i had windows xp installed on. Also managed to use the standard nVidia nForce drivers for the motherboard without any real problems. Got to say it looks pretty good for a Beta 1 build

Old 2nd Aug 05, 04:49 PM
Super Moderator

~*McoreD*~ is an unknown quantity at this point
@DoG, it didn't like dual booting from SATA? Oops. I have two SATA drives. SATA0 is partitioned to C:, D: and E: and SATA1 is partitioned to F:, G: and H:. I have installed XP in F: and planning to install Vista on C:. Do you think there is possibility of screwing XP up after installing Vista according to this configuration? Thanks.
Old 5th Aug 05, 04:31 AM

PhoenixPath is on a distinguished road
Installed Vista..took well over an hour.

Dual boots with Windows XP Pro just fine. (Seperate HDD)

Works beautifully aside from one, and only one issue. It's detected a USB input device that doesn't exist...(my mouse is PS/2, as is my keyboard. I have removed all PS/2 devices.) which seems to be causing my mouse to respond *very* slowly. tried removing the device (for which it cannot find drivers...) and the mouse returns to normal for about 5 seconds before it finds the device again.

Very annoying.

Makes it pretty damn near unuseable. Will try it on my other machine in a few days...see if it works any better. Otherwise, I'll wait for a refresh.

[EDIT] On second thought... It's a USB input device...I'll disable the on_Board USB and see if that helps. Duh.

[/EDIT]
Old 5th Aug 05, 03:33 PM
Super Moderator

~*McoreD*~ is an unknown quantity at this point
Another quick Question/Suggestion: I wonder if Microsoft could update the Windows Setup so that the users have an option to choose seperate partitions (if available) for Program Files and Users directories. From Windows 95 to 2003, it asks where to Windows folder should be but not Program Files folder or Documents and Settings folder.

Last edited by ~*McoreD*~ : 5th Aug 05 at 03:35 PM.
Old 10th Aug 05, 02:36 PM

I'd say, "Never gonna happen.", but I said that about Apple going Intel, so I don't say that any more. :P

Well....oddly enough, even with all USB disabled (in BIOS), Vista still seems to think I have a USB Input device. Grrrr....

Perhaps re-installing wth USB disabled. Heh... Damn Beta software. Why can't they just make it work. :P
Old 12th Jan 06, 01:04 AM
BetaONE Supporter

Ditchmonk is an unknown quantity at this point
pre envirement
Windows PE. from what i have been reading is the thing to have for all installs just cant put my hands on it
Old 12th Jan 06, 01:50 PM

You mean a self-contained Windows Installation on CD, right? Like BartPE, for example?

http://www.nu2.nu/pebuilder/

Or "The Ultimate BootCD for Windows"?

http://www.ubcd4win.com/

Old 14th Jan 06, 02:02 PM
BetaONE Supporter

Ditchmonk is an unknown quantity at this point
was realy talking about the one from ms i extracted it from server3003 sp1 and vista sdk last updated one last of dec

thx for the info tho have checked them out just wanted to see if there was any holes in it for ppl to peep in lmao DM