BetaONE will rise again!

Old 9th May 05, 03:55 PM
Administrator

robinwilson16 will become famous soon enoughrobinwilson16 will become famous soon enough
What do you all think of Tony Blair getting back in?
I think he was the best of the 3
Old 10th May 05, 01:49 AM
Chopped Liver

tubebuoy is on a distinguished road
As an American I'd like to thank Tony and those who voted for him for standing with us in difficult times. I'm sure you had domestic issues to deal with as we all do but globaly speaking, I'm glad Americans don't speak French!

}---
Old 10th May 05, 02:38 AM
Administrator

DoG will become famous soon enoughDoG will become famous soon enough
Send a message via ICQ to DoG Send a message via MSN to DoG Send a message via Yahoo to DoG
I voted for him. I spent the first 22 years of my life under a tory goverment and personally hope those useless get's never see power again. The Labour goverment inherited a country that was falling to pieces under tory mis-management, the health service was in a major crisis (If you think it sucks now let me remind you of the situation when i was seven years old. I fell through a plate glass window and cut my wrist open, severed most of the tendons and could see the bone through the 2 1/2 inch gash round my little wrist- I sat in a filthy waiting room at the local A&E for 5 hours waiting for a bed, i didnt even get a pisspot to bleed in. I left a pool of congealed blood on the waiting room floor wich stained the damn tiles. Because of the wait they had to cut a further 4 inches up my arm to retrieve the tendons. Only the Tourniquet my mother applied to my arm when the accident happened saved the use of my thumb and several fingers!), Maggie Thatcher may have ruled her party with an iron fist but she ran the country with blind eye's, deaf ears and fat coffers. The war in Iraq cost Labour most of it's majority but they still managed to beat the tory morons comfortably. If i was given a choice at the next election of either the Loony Left Party or the Con(men)servative party i think you can guess where my vote would go.

I'm supposed to be resting the wrist i have had pioneering surgey on to repair the mess that a cash strapped Tory run NHS couldnt affor to fix when it first happened 15 years ago.

'Nuff said and rant over

Old 10th May 05, 03:16 AM

KingCobra is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to KingCobra
DoG, thank you so much for your post. No need to reply. You just gave me more of an understanding that I previous didn't have. Glad your feeling better, but take it slow.... please!
Old 10th May 05, 11:50 AM
Administrator

JacKDynne will become famous soon enoughJacKDynne will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to JacKDynne
to Tony Blair.

/me hopes DoG's wrist is getting better

/JD

Old 11th May 05, 10:20 AM
Administrator

robinwilson16 will become famous soon enoughrobinwilson16 will become famous soon enough
That's terrible DoG

Hope you haven't been on the waiting list all these years to get it put right!
I think things are improving but then there's the MRSA thing now
Old 11th May 05, 02:45 PM
Administrator

DoG will become famous soon enoughDoG will become famous soon enough
Send a message via ICQ to DoG Send a message via MSN to DoG Send a message via Yahoo to DoG
Quote:
Originally Posted by robinwilson16
That's terrible Dog

Hope you haven't been on the waiting list all these years to get it put right!
I think things are improving but then there's the MRSA thing now
When i first hurt my hand (4 dislocations, 2 fractures and 2 clean brakes) the hospital inserted a steel pin, called a K-Wire, through the side of the hand to hold the bones in place whilst they healed- it didn't work so after 4 weeks in plaster they took x-rays and removed the cast and k-wire.
Then, and this is the brutal part, they gave me 3 local anesthetic injections in the palm of my hand and the "surgeon" tried to re-brake and reset the bones- this involved him yanking on my fingers and pressing the bones back into place. After another 6 weeks in plaster the whole lot had healed out of place leaving a large lump on the back of my hand where the bones were out of alignment. After 14 years of use the cartilage between the joints had gone along with a large part of the bone. The misaligned bones had healed themselves and formed a large piece of bone that was not supposed to be there. My new surgeon said he hasn't seen anything so bad in the 25 years he has been a surgeon and that it would take a new kind of operation to fix it. He had to specially design a plate to hold all the bones in place, remove the large piece of excess bone and graft it into the joints where they had worn away. He used 6 screws to hold the lot in place. All because the NHS under the Tories were so strapped for cash they couldnt do anything else about it.

The MRSA virus has been around for a LOOOONG time, you can be a carrier but not suffer from any side effects, the idea that it has only appeared because Labour didn't keep the hospitals clean enough is bogus. Let's not forget that it was the Tories that privatised the cleaning contracts for the hospitals- something they neglected to disclose during the recent campaign, the guy the wanted us to ellect as PM (Howard) introduced the infamous Poll Tax wich sparked riots in many parts of the country and even his immigration proposals stink- he was an ilegal immigrant in this country and only managed to stay in the country because a LABOUR MP took pity on him.

The Labour party isn't perfect and i don't agree with everything they have done but life is a lot better under them.

(Can you imagine how long this took to type with one hand?? )

Old 12th May 05, 09:39 AM
Administrator

Poor you!

Can't you sue for that!

Can't remember who it was now but the MP campaining for cleaner hospitals forgot to wash his hands with that new soap that was introduced in between patients when he was on tv and had to be reminded