BetaONE will rise again!

Old 22nd Apr 05, 02:34 AM
BetaONE Supporter

lickablepig is an unknown quantity at this point
Motherboard: no smoke or smell just sits
Hi peeps one of my boxes just decided to crap out...

Anyone know if there is a way to revive a motherboard? Before it refused to start it was just idling & seeding torrents, was sitting next to it when it went in to bsod mode.

It's an Epox 8KTA3 (KT133A) & never recovered from da blue screen that said it was shutting down windows to prevent any damage. yeah right Bill... hehe.

Anyways tested all parts individually on a bare boned box, all components work except for da mobo... tried different hard drives on it, tried pulling the battery, reset cmos with jumpers but refuses to boot, beep, or initialize... just sits. Did all the tricks i know or read about except to smack it.

* Need to fastfind a replacement*
Anyone have a socket a motherboard in a drawer, old box, or dusty shelf?

Need to utilize the parts i have and the 2 full hddrives... really don't wanna risk adding da hard drives to an exisiting box... haven't had much luck lately.

so if anyone has a socket a mobo please hook me up. Sale, barter, trade, or whatever... Or if you know of any places with good reps that has them cheap please let me know. Thanks, jiz
Old 23rd Apr 05, 03:31 AM
Super Moderator

Raid762 is an unknown quantity at this point
Damn things . I had 2 of them , both did the same thing random unexplained bsod till total failure . I suspect bad cap syndrome but havent got game to try replacing them yet. I ended up grabbing a couple of cheap asus boards to replace them as I considered the 1800+ athlons still worthwhile to keep around , worst part is you cant seem to find boards to take sdram so I had to replace that too.
Old 23rd Apr 05, 05:07 AM
BetaONE Supporter

lickablepig is an unknown quantity at this point
yup hear ya i agree, ran fine for such a long time without one problem, like losing a friend, got`er the same week released from Axion tech.

Locally here most of the enthusiasts i know already sold, traded, or moved on up to the next level. Always bragged bout my Ep0x has a near perfect 98se install on one of the drives too. An OS with very little security issues if any compared to my xp stuff.
Man i'm getting tired of that.

yup got a gang of 222 mushkin ram for that baby too when it got real cheap. Hope sumthing turns up soon... lates, jiz
Old 23rd Apr 05, 03:19 PM

KingCobra is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to KingCobra
Sorry to hear about that man.

Which you all the best in your search.