BetaONE will rise again!

Old 29th Oct 04, 01:13 PM
BetaONE Supporter

MinnesotaKid is an unknown quantity at this point
Chessmaster 10th Patch
Hi,

Has anyone tried updating Chessmaster 10th edition. When I run the patch, I get "Anim8.dll: Unknown version."

MNKid
Old 14th Jan 05, 03:37 PM

william_swashbuckler is on a distinguished road
Chessmaster 10th Edition patch 1.01/1.02
I am experiencing the same problem, and there is no reply from UbiSoft for a month. Did you manage to solve the problem? The game as it is now is more or less useless on my PC.
Old 16th Jan 05, 01:00 PM

GrahamM is on a distinguished road
Yep, same problem. Solved it by downloading the UK 1.02 patch from ftp://ftp.ubi.com/us/games/chessmaster10/patches/

Graham M
Old 20th Feb 05, 07:03 PM

simplepinoi177 is on a distinguished road
hey thanx man! I was getting really frustrated trying to get my game to update and getting this error. I didn't know the person who bought the game for me got the UK version. I was working on it so long that I tried to learn how to unpack the exe forceably and/or obtain the US version of the anim8.dll. Great find thanx man! Howd you find this anyway?
Old 22nd Feb 05, 10:41 AM

GrahamM is on a distinguished road
CM 10K UK Patch
I bought from an American on-line store and a CM10K CD-ROM package was physically delivered to Australia. Couldn't patch - tried to solve the problem for a week or two.

CM7K had different patches for the US and European versions and I noticed that the patch was only specified for the US version (on the US web site).

Found the Ubi UK site and I tried the UK patch. Voila!

It would seem that the problem has more to do with the locale selected on Windows XP. I use English (Australian) as a language setting.

Odd that this isn't documented on the US CM10K site as there is nothing in the packaging to indicate whether CM10K is US or UK.

One of life's little annoying mysteries.
Old 22nd Feb 05, 09:39 PM

yea i was figuring the same thing that they would post up a UK version somewhere...i was just wondering how you got that exact ftp site? but I found mine was the UK version in its electronic manual. Says there. But great find and thanx a bunch! It seems the update does fix a lot of files in the game!
Old 22nd Feb 05, 09:44 PM

Lan Play
actually...while we're still on the subject of the game...(also because I don't know where else to ask this question since CM10K is still reletively new) In CM9K, one was able to connect to another computer with the same program. One person just hosted a game and another would type in the IP address to that person and would connect to the game as if it were its own server. I was looking for the same thing here because I know some friends that own the game and would want to do that. I see the LAN option, but I think that different computers with the program has to be connected to the same server of some sort, not just through internet. I don't know. I was just wondering if anyone here was able to connect straight to a friend(s) without going through the actual "global online" feature.