BetaONE will rise again!

Old 11th Aug 02, 02:47 AM

Pelletgun
I like the concept of virtual directories. My problem is: Guild does not transfer the entire contents of a folder with a lot of content when viewing the folders. Looking for help with this problem.
Old 11th Aug 02, 03:43 AM

HotRod is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to HotRod
I've run Guild for a while now. Don't really follow what your asking. Will help you out how I can if you'll explain what's happening. Do know if the folder is setup as a shortcut from the main directory, can't download the folder. Have to enter into directory and transfer files. Also I have run 120 gig server with no problems listing
Old 12th Aug 02, 07:53 PM

Pelletgun
I thought the application used virtual directories. Not shortcuts located in a directory. I have files located in multiple directories scattered over several hard drives. I was trying to avoid placing shortcuts in a single file folder in order to give access to these files. I was trying to eliminate extra steps. I just added the files to the paths tab. I was under the impression that Guild had this capability. It seemed to work up to a certain point. A client logging in would only see a partial listing of what was in that directory. I hope I have explained myself.
Old 12th Aug 02, 08:36 PM

HotRod is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to HotRod
The Virtual path is just a shortcut to local path. Say you have ISO folder on D drive. In this folder there are 10 folders. The local path is d:\ISO and the virtual path will be /==ISO== (anything you want to name) with attributs read, list, append . When you log into server there will be a folder ==ISO==. Enter that folder and see 10 folders. You can't download folder ==ISO==, but you can enter that folder and download anything in it. That's why I always use ==name== or ++name++ in virtual directorie names> They are just a shortcuts.

Hope this helps
HotRod

Check your PM, Set up account for you to look around

Last edited by HotRod at Aug 12 2002, 02:58 PM