BetaONE will rise again!

Old 18th Aug 04, 04:25 AM

ironleg1963 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to ironleg1963 Send a message via MSN to ironleg1963
Here is the hardware I have, One computer has a pentium 366 with 256 sdram and a 10 gig hdd.
the second computer is a 466 pentium and 128 megs ram and a 12 gig hdd.
here is what I want to do,

I want to be able to set up home directories so when my wife logs on to any of our other three computers she will have all her settings and documents. i will only need 2 or 3 roaming profiles or terminal server sessions so i could place it outside my dlink router so it can be accessed from my wife when she forgets an assignment and needs it. ( that way if her local computer crashes then I can format it without having to sleep on the couch for loosing all my wife`s settings and possible homework on her computer.

I would also like to set up a third computer as a ftp server.
I need to state that I am a noob and have a terrible memory, I have nt 4 and windows 2000 server from a class at school i dropped.

I have a dlink di-624 wireless 4 port router/firewall. it only allows one nat address. I also have a dlink dss - 5+ 5 port 10/100 switch.

Lastly can a pentium 166 with 32 megs ram (1.2 gig hdd) be set up as strictly as a firewall? I want to use it as added protection.

I know it is alot of questions but I am clueless so any help will be greatly appriciated,

ironleg1963