BetaONE will rise again!

Old 27th May 04, 02:13 PM

shaft
Please shed some light...

As a member of the RHN (RedHat Network) I managed to install the latest version of RedHat Enterprise Desktop V.3 - Going the last bit of configuration settings Namely the Sound Card (ESS Maestro) It loaded the driver and prompted me to test and briefly made a funny noise - But immediately after threw up an error message - Saying this device in incompatrible to RedHat Linux - I've previously managed to install it with all the other version of ReHat without any problems!!
Strange but true - The OS consists of approx 4 CD's and I was not prepared to go through the install process again - Its Only a Titchy PII 233 256MB RAM notebook with a Xircom CEM56 Ethernet PCMCIA Adapter card

Also had problems configuring the card (PCMCIA) to connect to local Domain - Possibly somethng to do with HTTP_PROXY: settings - I don't know if i'm doing it properly?
With that I've decided NOT to install it on my work DOMAIN and install at home on my old Dell Optiplex GX100 and use just for streaming audio and other testing purposes.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated - Thanx

Once again BETAONE "RockS"

Shaft