BetaONE will rise again!

Old 2nd Feb 04, 04:40 PM
BetaONE Supporter

moen is an unknown quantity at this point
To slick...
I know at least 6 others who have been experimenting with DVDXcopy plat, and all have options that do not work. For example, the Browse option up front., or the option to continue after the first dvd has been made the prog does not let you continue on to the second half. also some other screens are greyed y out.
I haven't even got to the point with Platinum to try to weed out stuff.

What speeds do you usually burn at?
I have not had many problems with plain DVDXCopy 1.5.2, other than having to use lower burn speeds to make sure the DVD will work in all dvd players.

Wha burner are you using?
Have you had both Plain DVDXCopy AND Platinum versions installed onthe same drive at the same time?...I have not and I was wondering whether they might interfere with each other.
I have purchased both programs, so it is not because of bad cracks or serial nos.
Old 2nd Feb 04, 05:05 PM

SlickVic78 is an unknown quantity at this point
@ moen,

Well, some of the features in Platinum are still greyed out because 321studio has not perfected them at their last release - which is 3.2.1. I am sure you are talking about such features as acquiring TDF files from online, or DVD files from online - really not important features to make good backups of your movies. You know that Platinum is really Xpress (but with the ability to remove content from the DVD)... You can tell when you check the content that was copied to your computer, the folder that it all goes to is an Xpress folder... :P

In terms of speed - well, I've burned at all speeds successfully... But to play it on the safe side, I usually burn at 1x, or 2.4x. But like I said, burning at 4x works out just fine for me as well... I have not had the opportunity to try out 8x yet being I have no 8x media...

As for the burner I use, check out my sig. I am using the same burner as you - Plextor 708A. I moved up from the Plextor 504A. Both have been great drives for me and I have yet to burn a single coaster.

I too have both DVDXCOPY 1.5.2 and Platinum 3.2.1 - obviously purchased as well. You shouldn't have any issues with having them both installed at the same time because they are installed in seperate directories.

-SlickVic78
  • 80 Gig 7200 RPM Western Digital HDD
  • Lite-On LTR-52327S CD-RW Burner
  • Lite-On SOHW-1633S DVD Burner
  • ATI Radeon 9700 Pro
  • Sound Blaster Audigy
  • Microsoft Windows XP Pro SP-2