BetaONE will rise again!

Old 29th Jul 03, 07:05 PM
BetaONE Supporter

war59312 has disabled reputation
Send a message via ICQ to war59312 Send a message via AIM to war59312 Send a message via MSN to war59312 Send a message via Yahoo to war59312
**DO NOT REPLY ? THIS E-MAIL IS BEING SENT TO YOU FROM AN UNMONITORED ACCOUNT. Due to Microsoft's security requirements, the hyperlink(s) contained in this e-mail may not automatically open your browser. If you experience any difficulty, please copy the link and paste into your browser. **

Email: XXXXXXXXX

You are receiving this invitation because you have been identified as a strong contributor in a previous beta program with Microsoft.

The Microsoft Windows Product Team is looking for a select group of people to help us test and perfect technology that is to be used in an important Web services trial, the PC Satisfaction Trial, which will be part of our ?Real People, Real Data? customer research program.

The intent of the trial will be to see how much more satisfied Windows customers are when they feel confident about the security of their PC and the safety of their data and personal information. We are looking for beta testers to install and use a pre-release version of the PC Satisfaction Trial service on Internet-connected PCs running Windows XP in homes and small businesses.

To participate in this program, you will need to be willing to install and use the PC Satisfaction Trial service on your home or small business PC and report any bugs, problems, or suggestions to the development team. Other requirements include:

· The test machine must be running Windows XP

· Test machine MUST have a CD-R or CD-RW drive

· You will need to supply a .NET Passport ID for authentication purposes (part of the nomination survey)

This program will run for approximately 3 to 4 months.

If you are interested in participating, please use this special Guest Account below to access a nomination survey on http://www.BetaPlace.com. Note: Using a personal or previously-assigned BetaID and Password will not grant you access to the survey.

Guest Access Account

Guest Beta ID: PCSATTRIAL2

Participants will be chosen based on the survey results. You will only be contacted if you are selected to participate.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Microsoft Windows Product Team
Counter started: April 2, 2003

Download: http://war59312.admuncher.com/download.shtml
Old 30th Jul 03, 05:26 PM
Mega Mod

wase4711 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to wase4711 Send a message via MSN to wase4711
I got the same email. WAR, but the password didn't work...
Old 30th Jul 03, 10:20 PM
Administrator

BearCat will become famous soon enoughBearCat will become famous soon enough
Nothing here for me I guess, as I'm not an "avarage" kind of guy

Quote:

PC Satisfaction Trial test program! 
Our goal is to use this technology on the machines of ?average? end users to see if it can significantly improve their Windows experience by taking away the fear, uncertainty and hassle associated with PC security and maintenance.

----ooO-(_)-Ooo----
Oh, people can come up with statistics to prove anything. 14% of people know that.

Old 21st Aug 03, 08:42 PM
Administrator

Firefox has disabled reputation
Well,  BC I feel bad because I guess that I am classified as an "Average User"    Instead of a "POWER User"  like so many of the other Beta testers on this board.  But I think I set myself up by making myself out to be just a Average user.  In light some of the recent events, I have second thoughts about installing such phone home (with error reports).  But I think I will just set up a seperate box just for testing  with everything in order of course making sure I have no personal information stored on it. LOL. 

</span><blockquote><span class="smallfont">Quote:</span><hr size="1" />Originally Posted by

Hello,

You have been selected, due to your previous interest in Microsoft Beta testing opportunities, to participate in a new and innovative approach to maintaining your computer currently being developed by Microsoft. This new approach is the PC Satisfaction Trial and is currently in the Alpha testing cycle. PC Satisfaction currently offers you a programmatic means of backing up your data, a self updating Firewall and Anti-virus utility, and constant monitoring of the newest Critical Security Updates for Windows XP. PC Satisfaction provides a complete set of security features that provide immunity not only from the infamous "MSBlast" or "Lovesan" worm, but many other security issues encountered in today?s networked environment as well. If your computer meets the requirements listed below and you are interested in participating, please follow the link below to the PC Satisfaction Trial web site and install now. If you are currently participating in the Trial please disregard this e-mail.

This release is for Broadband customers only, running either a Cable or DSL internet connection with Windows XP. It is essential that you have at a minimum: 128MB of RAM, a CDR or CDRW drive, one partition formatted as NTFS and any Real time Anti-virus scanning disabled prior to installing PC Satisfaction Trial.

Please go to www.pcsatisfactiontrial.com and login with your Passport ID. &nbsp;You will then sign the non-disclosure agreement required for participating in the trial, register your service, and download and install the Trial software.

If you receive the following error "Setup failed to initialize stat component" please confirm the BITS Service is started. This can be done by clicking on Start > Run and type services.msc and press Enter. Ensure the Background Intelligent Transfer Service is set to manual or automatic. If it is not, right click on it and choose properties and set it to manual.

If you have any problems, feedback, or suggestions on your install experience or any aspects of the Trial, please go to the "Contact Customer Support" link in the Trial software and select the appropriate category. &nbsp;The newsgroups include a dedicated section for suggestions. &nbsp;Otherwise, you can reach our support by emailing pcsat@microsoft.com or, if you don't have email access, calling our support line at 1-800-936-7333. &nbsp;Please leave a message and we will respond within 2 hours during support hours. &nbsp;Phone and e-mail support is available Monday through Friday 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM PST.

We will continuously improve the Trial software and service over time, so please look for some of the problems you identify to be fixed and new capabilities to become available.

We greatly appreciate your help testing our software and service and look forward to getting great feedback from you. &nbsp;

Sincerely,

<hr size="1" /></blockquote><span class='postcolor'>

Hopefully me gets some goodies out of this or at least get me back in to some more beta releases.